Chapter 2

(Really long chapter sorry...it's a problem) 
(Natasha's POV)

I rubbed my eyes wearily shaking off the nightmare I had just woken up from. I peeked open my eyes and rolled my head to the side, seeing the bright light that shone throughout my room. I sat up and swept my short locks of crimson hair out of my face. When I went to press my feet onto the rug I jolted at the feel of the cold floor. 

I frowned and looked to my feet...there was no carpet. I then glanced around my room and noticed many things misplaced. The small colorful carpet now scrunched up near the dressed, the leather chair that was placed beside my door now pulled up against my bed. I gaped when my eyes caught sight of the doorknob or lack thereof because it had been broken off completely. 

When I looked closer there was a small dint on my bed frame where the chair had been slammed.
Someone was here and whoever it was is strong. My mind immediately drifted to James Buchanan Barnes...
He is a super-soldier capable of doing this and he has been very adamant lately on asking me about my past in the Red Room and if he and I crossed paths there. I was reluctant to tell him solely because I spent half of my life with him. 

He trained me and guided me until it turned romantic and then he was suddenly gone and I had not seen him until he regained his memories....well most of them. 

I brushed off the thought. He did not do this.

I slipped on my Shield suit and walked down to the Avenger's kitchen.

I arrived and greeted Clint Barton and Bruce Banner. they were sitting on the couch talking loudly. I then grabbed a small cup of coffee and seated myself at the wooden table that sat in the middle of the kitchen that seated seven people and wobbled fervently when someone sat down. 

Moments later Steve Rogers arrived in the kitchen grabbing a large bottle of water. He wore his full Captain America suit and his shield swung lazily over his back. He approached me and smiled widely. Steve and I had become close over the last couple of years after I opened up enough to him when I felt I could trust him. But of course, that also means James shadow because they are best friends or whatever and Steve is constantly talking about him and about the memories he is regaining. 

"Morning, Natasha." I groaned at his overly joyful voice. "Morning, Rodgers," I said flatly placing my phone onto the table and starting a short conversation with him before we were interrupted by James who suddenly walked in. 

I looked up at him and his eyes flashed many emotions that I could not place... I finally flickered my gaze back to Steve who waved for James to come and sit with us. I mentally groaned and attempted to keep my eyes on Steve but on the rare occasion I did look at him he was always looking back. 

 "Hey, Steve is there any way you can fix the lock on my door?" I asked leaning forward and fluttering my eyelashes at him flirtatiously. James did not seem to notice.  "No, I have the last minute mission. But why?" He asked. "I am very sure someone broke into my room last night," I was blatantly honest and when I looked over at James who was staring off into oblivion his face changed.

 Suddenly Steve leaned forwards and placed his hands on the table signaling James' attention. "Can I speak with you, Buck?" He said angrily. My eyes met James and he looked just as confused to Steve's sudden aggression as I did. "Sure..." He said getting up and walking with Steve to the countertops where I could no longer hear them.

They talked about five minutes before Steve hit James' back and smiled walking off into the halls I am assuming to his mission. 
__
I just arrived back from a meeting with Director Fury about some issues regarding the other agents but we resolved them quickly. I approached the hall to my room because I needed to change for training which I do every day to take my mind off things. I don't know why but ever since James has arrived I have felt strange a feeling I can't quite place...nostalgia?