Chapter 46

Start from the beginning

Do you wanna tell me what the nightmare was about?
———————————————

I directed my gaze away from the phone screening, looking away from it. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, taking a deep breath. Even though Tyler's the only one aware about the dreams that've been plaguing me lately in my sleep, I haven't had the guts to share the explicit details depicting the grisly nightmares. I do plan on telling him at some point; I just don't know exactly when.

I opened my eyes and glanced back down at my smartphone; my supple thumbs moving consistently along the screen, typing against the keyboard. The instant I was finished, I sent Tyler the text message, replying to his other question.

———————————————
From: Laura
To: Tyler (Tylerific)
3:24pm

No... Not yet at least. When the time comes, then I will. But right now, I don't think I have the courage to do so.
———————————————

Seconds later, Tyler sent me another text message.

———————————————
From: Tyler (Tylerific)
To: Laura
3:24pm

That's fine, Laura. I don't want to push you, so I can wait. 😘
———————————————

I couldn't help but smile a bit. Another thing I adore about Tyler is how much of a patient young man he is. Despite the fact that patience is a virtue, most people lack that merit nowadays. Unlike my ever so caring beau. I was so deep in thought that I didn't hear Leon open the car door, closing it behind him and hopping into the driver's seat.

"You alright, Laura?" Leon inquired, grasping ahold of his seat belt and buckling himself up.

I snapped out of my daze, turning around to face him momentarily. "Yeah, I-I was just zoning out," I set my phone down on top of my lap and hastily gripped ahold of my seat belt, buckling myself up. "That's all."

"Okay," Leon inserted his car key into the ignition, turning it and starting up the vehicle right away. "You buckled up?"

 "You buckled up?"

"Yup, let's go." Leon shifted the gear to reverse, attentively backing entirely out of his parking spot. Once he backed the car all the way out, the dirty-blonde then shifted the gear to drive, making his way out of the airport parking lot and onto the highway. We were now traveling along the freeway; heading for Uncle Chris's house, located in Richmond, Virginia.

Chris's POV

"Daddy! Daddy! When are Uncle Leon and cousin Laura gonna be here?" Nathan asked me again, jumping continuously in an enthusiastic manner behind me in our living room.