Finding the Phone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse the mistakes

It's been awhile hasn't it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't call the police."

Then, to my ultimate frustration, the line went dead. I yelled loudly and broke into a sprint, my eyes searching wildly for the street sign that would read Orchard Road. As I found it, I pushed myself so that I was practically flying off of the ground.

I had to get to Sawyer. I had to stop those men from taking her. I had to protect her.

I turned onto the street just in time to see a big, black car peeling away from the curb, its tires screeching loudly against the pavement. I knew immediately that Sawyer was in there, possibly hurt. The though enraged me, and I chased after the car, but it was too fast and I lost it in a matter of seconds.

"No!" I screamed after it, "No!"

I'd lost her. I hadn't gotten to Sawyer in time, and now she was gone. Those men, they were working for someone who wanted to hurt her and her father.

I swore loudly and chucked the phone in my hand into the grass at the side of the sidewalk. I had just been talking to her, apologizing for something I didn't do, when all of this happened in a matter of minutes.

Wait.

Sawyer's phone.

I rushed over to the grass next to the sidewalk and fell on my hands and knees. I started feeling around for the phone in the dimly lit area, but I couldn't find it. Frustration bubbled over, and I could feel angry tears biting at the corners of my eyes.

I sat back on the grass and dropped my head into my hands. I had to find this phone and call Danny. I had to get help for Sawyer because I couldn't bear the thought of not seeing her again.

I glanced around the street, and I saw something glint in the grass about twenty yards away. I lurched onto my feet, stumbling for a moment, and then I hurried over to where I spotted the object. I reached down and picked up Sawyer's cell phone.

"Thank God," I breathed, and I flipped open the phone and scrolled through the contacts. I highlighted the name Danny and pressed send. Then, I held it to my ear and silently prayed that he would answer the phone.

With every ring, my heart fell deeper and deeper, but then, the ringing cut off as someone answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Is this Danny?" I asked urgently.

"Yes," the man replied slowly, "Who is this?"

"My name's Griffin," I answered, "I'm Sawyer Dawson's boyfriend."

"Ah," Danny said, "How is my favorite Runt?" He asked, sounding amused.

"Gone," I stated, rubbing the back of my neck roughly. "She was taken."

"What?" Danny demanded, suddenly sounding dead serious.

"I was on the phone with her," I explained, "and then she told me that she was going to be taken by some of Marcus's men. Sawyer left her phone so that I could call you and get help."

"Have you called the cops?" Danny asked, and I said no. "Okay, then I'll take it from here, Griffin."

"Wait!" I cried, "I want to help find her."

"I don't think so, Kid," Danny said, "You aren't a part of this world, and you don't know what you're dealing with."

"Please," I responded, "You've got to let me help save her."