New Hopes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scuse the Mistakes. I hope i got them all this time.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knock! Knock!

I tore my gaze away from the TV and the obviously scripted reality show it was playing, and I stared at the door, confused. Grandma Aggie was at work, and I hadn't been expecting anyone. I pushed myself up from the couch and padded out of the living room and down the hall to the front door.

I unlocked the door from the inside and pulled it open slowly to find Norah and Colby standing on my doorstep. "Can we come in?" Norah asked.

"Yeah," I replied, a bit confused as to why Colby was with her. I just stepped back and let them in, and then directed them to the living room. I entered behind them and sat down on the armchair while they settled on the couch.

"When were you going to tell me you are such a badass?" Norah blurted, just as I was opening my mouth to ask why they were here.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I assume you're talking about what happened on Monday," I said, and she nodded. I let my head fall back on the chair and groaned audibly.

Grandma Aggie hadn't stopped reminding me about that all week. She'd hounded me about writing the apology letter, which I'd done as quickly and with as little words as I could. Petty, I know, but I didn't want to dwell much on the incident.

Grandma Aggie also couldn't seem to look at me the same way as before, which was actually pretty upsetting. It was just one punch, and I was already a criminal who was going to end up selling drugs, getting into fist fights, and being sent to jail multiple times.

I had no idea how Griffin felt about what had happened. Suddenly, I was a lot happier that Colby had come over with Norah, since he was Griffin's best friend. I could try and pry information, as pathetic as that sounds.

"How did Griffin react when he heard?" I asked, trying to seem as calm and cool as possible.

"He laughed, actually," Colby replied, smiling at the memory. "I mean, he felt bad for Kaia, but he thought the whole situation was hilarious."

Okay, that was a bit reassuring.

"She has a black eye," Norah said, a bit too excitedly.

"Really?" I asked, "Like, is it really noticeable?"

"Yeah," Colby replied, "I think she's been trying to cover it up with makeup, but it wasn't really working for her."

I giggled at this, which was actually the first time I'd laughing about punching Kaia in the face. I wasn't proud, but now, I was a tiny bit amused.

"Speaking of Griffin, what happened between you two?" Colby asked, and my smile immediately dropped. I glanced at Norah, who shot me an apologetic look and then smacked Colby in the shoulder. "What was that for?" He cried, rubbing his arm.

"I told you not to ask about that!" Norah declared, shoving him.

"What did Griffin tell you?" I questioned urgently, praying that he hadn't said anything about my past to anyone. That wasn't something I wanted other people to know. I never pegged Griffin as someone who would do that, but I didn't know if he'd felt betrayed enough to spill the beans.

"He just told me that you guys had had a fight, and that he needed a break to figure out what the hell was going on," Colby answered simply.

"A break?" I echoed, confused. Griffin had told me that he couldn't be with me, but he told Colby that we were on a break. I didn't want to get my hopes up, I really didn't, but after that, how could I not. Maybe, just maybe, Griffin still cared enough about me to give us another chance.