Chapter 5: Home again, Home again, jiggity jig

After they took Bella out of the house, I couldn't help but feel bad for making her go away. Her last word's she said to me threw me for a loop "To protect you and your family," she was going to put herself through something she didn't want to, and by the sounds of it painful, to protect us, the ones who are sending her away? She was too kind for her own good.

This once more made me think of my daughter, when she popped into my mind Edward shot a sad look at me and I sighed. Now that I told him I was remembering the last few days I had with her as a human, telling her that I had to go do a job for her grandpa, tucking her into bed that last night, giving her that necklace.

The necklace that looked eerily familiar to the one I had seen always hanging around Bella's neck. That was her name too, Isabella, but she said it sounded too formal and preferred Bella as soon as I had started to call her that. The exact same name as Bella, whose full name is Isabella.

Coincidence I'm sure, but it was almost too similar, as if something in the back of my mind was yelling at me for not getting it. I pulled Esme into my arms, what I tended to do when I thought about how my daughter was long dead, I would start feeling overly lonely, and Esme always provided the comfort I needed. How I loved her so much, what would I do without her?

But still, and then when we were interrogating her, the kids said something about how it was so convenient that she had the same last name as ours. That would mean her name would be Isabella Cullen, like my daughter. But, her middle name had to be different, it couldn't be her, my daughter was supposed to marry that boy, Jacob, and live a long happy human life. Even if I wasn't too happy with my father for marrying her off to someone she didn't know and obviously didn't want to marry, but in my position at the time I couldn't do anything.

Too many coincidence's though, her necklace being exactly the same as the one I gave Bella the night I 'died', her full name being Isabella Cullen, but preferring to be called Bella. What about the time she seemed to stumble over word's and said "Da-Carlisle"? Was she about to call me Dad, as she had always before.

I remembered that envelope she had given me before she left, I quickly let go of Esme so I wouldn't push her over in my haste and ran up to my office where I had left the envelope and picked it up before running back downstairs. "What's that?" Esme asked as I sat down next to her.

"Bella gave this to me just before she left," I told her while flipping over and finding 'Sorry' written on the front. This was already starting out bad, it couldn't be. Not saying that the thought of Bella being, my daughter Bella, but I always pushed that thought out before I could finish it, knowing how much it had hurt when I heard she was dead. I always found myself getting a little upset when her birthday came around.

I opened the envelope neatly and found a familiar piece of paper inside, I couldn't remember where I had seen it from. I pulled it out and gasped at what was written on the paper, now I knew where I had seen it.

I never lie

–Dad

P.S. I will always love you.

Love: Bella C.

It was the note I had given her after I came to watch over her after I was changed. How did Bella get it...unless, it really was her. "What is it?" Alice asked skipping over to my side. "Oh, that's the note that Bella had from her human Dad," she realized looking down at it.