epilogue

Andrew watched the TV screen in front of him intently. He wasn't really sure what to think of what he was watching. He was watching the World Series: the Houston Astros versus the Los Angeles Dodgers. There were two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning, and Andrew was about to watch Ari win the World Series.

Andrew missed her more than anything. They wanted to stay friends, but they quickly realized that that was only going to do more bad than good. They hadn't talked in almost a year and it killed Andrew, though he'd never admit that to anyone.

They had come in contact with one another only once during the few games they had played against each other. Andrew had ended up at third on one occasion, and Ari didn't even spare him more than a glance. He knew she didn't hate him, but she sure as hell acted like it.

There was a short dribbler to third and Ari raced forward, scooping the ball up before throwing a bullet to first. It hit Yuli Gurriel's glove and the game was officially over; they had won.

The screen panned to Ari, who jumped up, throwing her hat up into the air as she stormed to where her teammates were meeting in the middle of the diamond. It hurt Andrew to see her like that; she should be celebrating with the Red Sox, not some other team. He was glad she had found her place with the Astros, but it still pained him to see her with them.

For the next couple of hours, Andrew tossed and turned. Try as he might, he couldn't get his mind off of Ari. It was just another sleepless night that he had because of her.

He rolled over, grabbing his phone from the bedside table. He opened it, going to his contacts and scrolling down until he found Ari's name. He clicked on her contact -- he really was not running on enough sleep to be making decisions like this -- before tapping on the call button. He lifted it up to his ear, listening to it ring a couple times before an all-too-familiar voice came through.

"Andrew?"

wow

first of all, i want to thank you all for reading. you guys have been nothing but supportive for the past almost 11 months, and though i haven't been the best at updating i'm glad you all have stuck with me

i'm really going to miss this book. i really fell in love with ari as a character and i really enjoyed bringing her into this story and making her my own. it's the first time i've finished a book with an oc that's not a social media book, and it's been a really fun experience.

second, i'm sorry for doing this to y'all. i want nothing but for andrew and ari to be happy, but that wouldn't be nearly as entertaining, would it? i know i've expressed that i'd like to write a sequel, and i've thought about it a bunch, but i fear that it would be incredibly short, as i feel this book was, too. i guess i'll have to do some more brainstorming.

so, thank you again. i hope you all will continue to support my work, even as i've begun branching out into other fandoms. you all are the best.