Chapter 56 : Behind The Sun

Start from the beginning

"I believe since you're starting to build a real relation ship then why don't I get to know the girl's family" Dad replied causally. I nodded my head then he suddenly asked this "Do you know anything about her father?" I thought for a fee seconds before replying.

"Not at all, Rapunzel never talked about him" I replied. And when I thought about it, she never actually mentioned him in anything.

"Don't you think that it's even weirder that Rapunzel's last name is the same as her mother's?" Dad asked and to think about it. It is weird. Rapunzel always changes the subject when it comes to her father.

"I don't know" I shrugged acting like it's normal. Dad nodded but I was actually going to explode out of thinking. Could be that her mother got pregnant from her father but he never married her and he never wanted the baby so he abandoned them? That actually seems kinda logic and would explain much.

It would say that Rapunzel is just ashamed of this truth and feels like I am gonna blame her for that. If only she knows that nothing could change the way I see her and I would accept her no matter what, but still I feel that there's a truth hidden behind her. Like she is really hiding something big. I really hope I am wrong.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the door bell ringed. Dad checked his watch.

"Woah you're right, it's 8 sharp" He exclaimed. Madilyn went to open the door while dad started to check himself and see if he looked good. I looked at him strangely then rolled my eyes.

"Sir your guests are here" Madilyn exclaimed snapping both of us out of our thoughts. We both looked at them as they were walking and they looked breathtaking.

Amelia was wearing a simple elegant grey dress. I can totally feel my father's eyes on her. Rapunzel was wearing a spaghetti strap black dress that juts got her curves on point. Thank god she is wearing this in my house and not walking in the streets like this or I would have killed some men.

"Thanks for the invitation " Amelia started the conversation.

"The pleasure is all ours" Dad smiled. Rapunzel and I shared an eye contact. It had so many emotions, like I can feel how much we miss each other but still our pride is getting the best of us.

But this ends tonight.

"Allow me please" Madilyn said as she took what I think is a cake. Amelia smiled and handed it to her.

"you didn't have to" I said. She smiled at me.

"Oh please it's just a little thing Rapunzel and I cooked" She replied. Dad was about to say something but of course, Emma happened.

"RAPUNZEL!" Emma yelled running towards them. Rapunzel hugged her then Emma looked at Amelia and smiled "Hey Rapunzel's mum!" Emma waved shyly at her. Amelia smirked and bent down to her.

"You must be Emma" Emma nodded at her "You know that Rapunzel told me a lot about you"

"Really?" Emma smiled. Amelia nodded.

"Jack and dad also told me a lot about you" Emma then turned to dad "You were right dad, She is beautiful" I didn't know if it was true but I think I saw a small blush creeping on his cheek. Amelia and Rapunzel just furrowed their eyebrows. Dad then cleared his throat.

"I believe you guys are hungry, so lets head to the dinning room" Dad exclaimed breaking the awkward silence.

"Sure"

They followed us behind to the dinning room. Emma walked beside me and Dad and tapped on our hands.

"You know, you guys seriously have something for this family" She whispered and ran to her seat on the table.