Scary: Reflection

Maria was home alone because it was her parent's anniversary, so they went out to eat at a restaurant. Bored in her room, Maria went to the living room to watch TV. The patio doors were next to the TV, so she looked outside and saw it was raining.

"Perfect weather to watch a scary movie," she said, putting a scary movie on the DVD player and grabbing a blanket.

Not even 1/3 of the movie, just by the ringing of the phone made her jump. It was her mom.

"Maria, we forgot to lock the door on the way out. Can you lock it?" the mom asked.

But Maria was too distracted by the movie. "Yeah. Sure mom."

"Alright. See you." And the mom hung up.

As the movie was about to get to a good part, Maria felt uncomfortable and looked outside the patio doors to see if it was still raining.

But it wasn't rain she saw outside, but a figure of a man standing, holding what looking like a knife.

Maria screamed, hid under under her blanket, and called the cops right away.

When she heard the siren, she took a peek under her blanket and saw that the rain had stopped with no man standing there. She sighed, got up, and opened the door for the police.

"Where did you see him?" asked one of the police men, not a single drop of rain on him. Looking behind him, she saw that the car was drenched.

Maria pointed to the patio doors and the police man opened it, looking outside. After about a minute of looking outside, the police man turned around and started walking toward Maria.

"Are you sure? There's no on-" He stopped his sentence when he heard a 'squish' sound. He looked down and saw a puddle of water on the ground behind the couch Maria was sitting on.

The police man still at the front door quickly asked for backup.

"What you saw wasn't a man outside the patio. It was a reflection."