Right now, Hiccup didn't want to talk to Gunner. He was still hurt that one of his best friends would break a promise- to never tell anybody that he was a Berkian.

Hiccup was also certain Runa was part of this. He never thought his friends would hurt him like this.

"How could you, Gunner?" Hiccup stormed to the door, arms crossed. "I thought I trusted you, but I was wrong,"

Gunner nodded silently. He hung his head low in shame.

"I'm sorry. Runa and I were worried about you while you were gone. Then for some stupid reason...I let your secret slip out. I didn't mean to, Hiccup. It was an acci-''

"Accident or not, the whole village knows about ME; about my mother and me being Berkians. I have no idea what's the deal with you people, but it seems the village of Edon despises people who are-''

"I know, I'm sorry," Gunner looked at Hiccup guiltily, "But you know that Runa, Ingrid, Bjorn and I wouldn't see you any different. We don't care where you're from. We know you, Hiccup. We know you're not a dragon killer,"

Hiccup groaned in frustration.

"No, listen," he fixed his gaze on Gunner sternly, "Mom and I are banished because of you. We've lost all trust and respect from the village. We're outcasts now. We can't associate with anyone right now. I shouldn't even be speaking to you, Gunner,"

Gunner's face faltered. He drew a breath.

"Hiccup, I know things are bleak- and I blame myself for being so stupid to let this happen. But give it time. I can try to convince my dad to cancel your banishment,"

Banishment was the most painful experience Hiccup had to face. He was banished once by his own tribe. Now being banished a second time by people who understood him hurts the most.

Hiccup was conflicted. He wasn't a Berkian anymore, but he wasn't an Edonian either.

He didn't know who he was or what he was.

At least Berk, his old home no longer despised him. At least they've welcomed him and were willing to know about dragons.

The most important thing is his father no longer hated him.

If he weren't welcomed on Edon, maybe Hiccup would need to stay in Berk.

Besides, the Berkians probably needed his help learning more about dragons.

"I...I can't do this," Hiccup turned to grab his basket, filling it with supplies, "I need to be alone,"

The others exchanged worried looks as they watched the brunet head out the door.

Hiccup strapped his basket over his back. He climbed onto Toothless' back, letting out a sigh.

Valka rushed forward, her green eyes filled with worry.

"Son! Where are you going?"

Hiccup turned to his mother, frowning.

"Mom, I need to be alone. Please," he replied, adjusting his riding harness

Valka's green eyes widened.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked, lifting a brow.

Hiccup gave an affirm nod, "We're outcasts. Maybe it's best if we get out of here for a while. Maybe you should also stay in the sanctuary. I mean, Edon isn't a safe place for the both of us right now,"

Valka stared at her son's bright green eyes. She knew he was offering an invitation to come back to Berk with him.

Although she enjoyed reuniting with Stoick and seeing Berk again, Valka still felt weary about staying there, even if it were temporary.