Chapter 44 • Family 4 Life

Start from the beginning

  Hermes' had transported them in a woodsy realm.

  "Where are we?" She asked.

  "Not only can I transport us from place to place, I can also create a place with my mind."

  Ariel looked around and took in the atmosphere.

  They stood at the edge surrounded by numerous tall trees. The amount of green that covered the area almost suffocated her. The thickness of the forest was overwhelming.

  In front of them was a clearing which led to a lake.

  A disturbingly perfect glistening clear blue lake.

  The earth suddenly shook.

  "That'll be Hades, signaling the capture of the witch." Hermes stated before looking at Ariel sharply, "Stay here, be ready."

  Ariel nodded and mimed her compulsive practices.

  Thinking of exactly what she's going to say to the witch. She has to be convincing. Compelling. She had to do it right, or else.

  The earth shook again, and in a flash, Hades was standing in front of her, "Do you know what you're going to say?"

  Ariel nodded. "I'm going to make her our captive, ask her what their plan is, and where Michael is."

  He nodded curtly, a cold glint in his eyes.

  Hermes and a struggling witch followed closely. He popped shackles around her wrists and then he let her go.

  The witch was tanned, she had piercing hazel eyes, and straight black hair.

  "Nunca saldrás con esto." The witch sneered her eyes boring into Ariel's eyes. Though her tone was defying and filled with hatred, Ariel did not miss the strain in her voice nor the glint of fear that passed through her eyes.

  She was the weak link.

  Ariel blinked, ignoring the Spanish insults that spewed from the witch's mouth, then approached her.

  She studied the shackles that circled her wrists. There were eclectic writings all over. The cuffs were spelled. She couldn't perform magic.

  Ariel looked into the witch's eyes, "You will answer all our questions, you will help us fight, and you will tell me where my Beta Michael is." Ariel compelled.

  But the witch's eyes did not change.

  Ariel looked at her in confusion, as the tan woman tipped her head back and laughed.

  "You can not compel me dearest Ari-elle," she said, the strong Spanish accent coating her every word.

  "Vervain." Hades' voice growled. "The witches are ingesting vervain. Which means someone told them about your newly found abilities."

  Hades approached the pair, and the witch visibly shook as she eyed Hades warily.

  He fisted her hair and yanked it back so that she could look up at him as he neared his face to her dangerously close.