Chapter 5: Showing Signs

"I need you to give me directions to his place..." Val says, adjusting her rear view mirror.

"Don't worry baby I gotcha covered!" I say nudging her arm and winking.

She just looks at me laughing and playfully rolls her eyes as she backs out of the driveway.

When we get on the main road I turn up the radio. "Cece, no, I have to concentrate on the road!" She says turning it right back down. I huff and cross my arms.

I guess we can see who the mature one is here...

The radio is turned down so low I can't even tell what song is playing.

"Val come on, you need a hearing aid to hear this!"

"Uggh FINE. But not to loud..."

I ignore her warning and crank up the radio to hear Michael's new song "Bad".

"Hey turn it-Yeah! This is my jam!" Val shouts, turning up the radio even more.

We both start singing along.

"Well they say the sky's the limit
And to me that's really true
But my friend you have seen nothin'
JUST WAIT TILL I GET THROUGH
BECAUSE I'M BAD! I'M BAD!
SHAMONE!
YOU KNOW IM BAD! I'M-"

All the sudden a car comes speeding in our direction and Val quickly swerves out of the way, laying down on the horn.

"HEY, HOW BOUT YOU LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!" She yells out the window.

"Val that was you! You were driving on the opposite side of the road!"

She looks at me with big eyes and we both burst out laughing. I turn down the radio so we can make it to Michael's house in one piece.

A few minutes later I finally see the gates to Neverland.

"Okay here's the turn." I say as we pull in.

When we are let in by security we go down his drive way towards his house.

"He owns all of THIS?" Val says in astonishment.

"No!" I say with sarcasm, and Val elbows me.

She parks the car in front of his house, and a very excited Michael comes walking out the front door, with a big grin on his face.

"Took you girls long enough to get here!" He shouts from a distance as Val and I get out of the car. Michael notices Val and feels embarrassed.

"I'm sorry... I was just really excited for you to finally see my home. You girls want to come inside? Mani's making lunch now." Mani is Michael's personal chef.

"...Sure!" Val says and we all walk into the house.

Val's eyes grow large from shock as she studies the house. "Oh... My... Your home is beautiful!" She says in astonishment.

Michael and I giggle at her reaction.

"Well thank you. I'm glad you like it, I worked very hard on it."

Val's POV

I respond with a smile. This house is truly amazing, it's fit for a king!

Well, he IS the king of pop.

I see something from the corner of my eye and look over to see a chef bringing out 3 steaming hot plates if fettuccini alfredo. It smelled so good.

"Looks like lunch is ready!" Michael says as we all walk over to the dining room.

But as were walking I notice Michael is concentrated on Cece... And he's staring at... Her butt!

I try not to laugh out loud as we make it into the dining room and sit down.