Chapter 14

I suggest you listen to the music while reading this

"When are we going back to the castle?" I ask as Lucius puts his arm around me.

"Tonight. I just wanted a moment with you before we left." I face Lucius, feeling a magnetic-like pull the more we touch.

"What is this?"

"It's called the mate-pull. It's getting stronger. Also, when's your birthday?"

"In three days." I say, our faces closing in on each other.

"We should do something." Lucius says, our lips connecting.

"I don't really mind if we don't do anything. I mean, when I do turn 18, do we have to complete the mating process? Also, is there a thing called 'heat'?"

"At the age of 17 in my world, you must've been marked already. By 18, you're ready to mate, and what us vampires call a heat is actually an intense sexual craving. In fact, Luna and Rebekah can tell you more about it."

"Do you want to mark me?" I ask.

"If the female is willing about being marked, then the males usually will. Do you want me to?"

"Yes."

"Be still. Don't move." Lucius fervently presses his lips back on mine, drifting down and leaving airy kisses on my throat. He pinpoints where my pulse is, and slices his fangs into my skin. I could feel our souls binding with each other. I shiver from the pain of the bite as he moves back to my lips. "Your turn."

"I don't know how to."

"Your instincts will take over. Just try not to kill me."

"I couldn't even kill you if I tried."

"I know. That's my girl. Now, go ahead."

I find the exact spot where he marked me and feel my dragon canines extending. I bite into him, and feel my soul binding to his. Lucius moans as I pull out of him, knowing I had made him comfortable at one point.

"Let's go home."

"Isaac's here, come on." I take his hand and slide into the limo, him getting in after me.

"Home, sir?" Isaac asks, pulling away from the cirque.

"Yes, Isaac. We have party planning to do."

"Oh, you don't have to."

"Nonsense, darling."

"Oh, umm..., okay." Lucius sets his hand on my thigh. I nearly grab it, wanting him to go higher, but I stay in control.

"Feeling it already?" He asks, his husky, British accent drawing me in.

"Huh?" I shake out of my thoughts of him and I, and turn towards him.

"You're already feeling the sexual cravings, aren't you?"

"Maybe a little."

"No need to hide it, love. Don't be embarrassed." Lucius mind links to me.

"Shut up. It's not like you don't have a few fantasies."

"Stop it, you two before I'm sick." Isaac laughs.

I burst out into a fit of giggles.