four

Maggie let out a happy sigh as she shoved her key into her apartment. She had just finished her last exam for the year and honestly she had never felt more proud of herself. University was nothing short of easy and with the ups and downs in her mental health and her relationship; she was shocked when she got a letter yesterday with a 1000 dollar grant for keeping up her 4.0 grade average.

She felt a weight lift off her shoulder, all semester she had worried about her grades, worried that though she was giving it her all, it wasn't enough, if she would lose her scholarship that she had worked so hard for; one thought became two, than became three before it spiralled into her whole life turning upside now.

"Surprise!!"Voices yelled, making her jump and drop the Chinese takeout she had gotten, as the lights flipped on and all five boys were standing on her couch and chairs while a large banner hung on her walls that spelt 'congratulations!" and then underneath It was three white pieces of printer paper that said "we are proud of you(:" It was enough to make tears well in her eyes.

"Aw guys"She cried, completely forgetting about her orange chicken that had dropped on the floor.

Corbyn walked up to her and smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead as she wrapped her arms around him; nothing feeling better than receiving affection from him.

"Im so proud of you"He whispered in her ear, making her heart melt. Nothing had ever made her so happy, than to hear those words from the one person that meant the most to her.

"You guys made me drop my chicken"She pouted, her eyes looking at bag that held her chicken in it.

"Good because we are taking you out for a celebration dinner!"Zach smiled, as they all got off her couch and walked towards the side hugging couple.

"You guys don't have to do that"She told them, even though they knew she would say that. Maggie hated them spending money on her; or anyone for that matter.

"Yes we do, now can we save the fight about you paying for yourself?We always win and im hungry"Jack cried, causing Maggie to laugh before she nodded her head.

"Let me go get changed quick okay?And then we can go"She said. putting her purse on the front table and quickly walking towards her room while Jack ground and flopped down on the swivel chair.

"Ill be back guys, I gotta call and check in with my sister"Corbyn spoke once he heard the bedroom door shut. Zach and Jonah shared a look while Jack just gave him a small head nod; none of them giving him a verbal response as he walked out the door.

"Has anyone else noticed how close he suddenly keeps in contact with his family?"Daniel whispered once they heard his foot steps disappear.

"Are you late to the game? We have been talking about this for weeks"Jonah asked, sarcasm leaking in his voice.

"You don't think he's cheating do you?"Zach asked, a frown placing his lips as he thought about what it would do to their family.

"He wouldn't do that, especially to Maggie"Jack said, trying to convince himself and the boys as well.

"Maybe he's playing a surprise trip"Jonah jumped in.

"Or a vacation; they are only 19"

"Almost 20"Daniel cut in, thinking about how soon her birthday was.

"Ready?"Maggie called as she walked out of her bedroom, the sweats off and a cute outfit was on instead; black ripped jeans and a cute white button up shirt with the front tucked into the waist of her jeans. Her voice startled them, all of them giving each other a 'no one speaks of this while she's in the room' look.

"Why so serious? Wheres bean?"She asked, noticing the absence of her boyfriend; again.

"He went to go call his sister, I guess she had a rough time on one of her exams"Jonah said, the boys all looking at him in shock but she didn't notice.

"Ill go see if he's done"She said, walking out the front door.

"So what, we are covering for him now?If he's cheating on her and we help him she will hate us forever!"Daniel spat, his heart breaking at the very idea.

"Hes not cheating on her!"Jonah jumped in, his voice just as harsh as Daniel's.

"You don't know that!"Zach fought, stepping to Daniel's side.

"Jonah is right, until one of us knows for sure; we say nothing. If he isn't and we say something to her, he could hate us"Jack spoke, all of them clear who was on who's side as he took place next to the oldest's side.

"Are you guys okay?"Maggie frowned as her and Corbyn walked back inside her apartment, both of them with an eyebrow raised as they looked to see Zach and Daniel on one side of the living room and Jonah and Jack on the other.

"Oh yeah, just reenacting the battle in Harry Potter"Jonah said with a nervous smile, only causing Maggie to roll her eyes.

"And you call me a nerd, lets go im officially starving"She laughed as she picked up her bag and threw it over her shoulder, linking hands with Corbyn as they walked out to her car.

"I don't think I can ever eat again"The blond girl cried as she fell back on the couch at the why don't we house, Corbyn and Zach falling on the other side of her.

"Im gonna go change into sweats, ill be back"Corbyn told her, placing a small kiss to her lips before getting up and walking up the stairs.

"Are you staying the night tonight?"Zach asked as he turned to look at her.

"Im not sure, its up to Corbyn really"

"I miss you sleeping over, you use to be here all the time"Zach frowned as one became apparent on her lips as well. She felt sadness wash over her. She hadn't spend the night in a long time, and when she did it wasn't as often as it use to be. There was one point where her and Corbyn had begun to talk about the idea of her moving in, because she had spent so many nights with him that having a whole other living space seemed like a waste of money.

Maybe she was right, maybe he was losing interest in her.

Maybe she just didn't do it for him anymore.