Eighteen

-5 and a half months later-

Remember that drive she did? The one that she hated. Well, maggie's done it almost every day since. She drove down when she had her classes or if her brother needed anything, and then drove back. Maggie could only justify the gas usage by saying his bed was more comfortable, and to be completely honest, it was at the point where she couldn't sleep without him anymore. So she drove, even when she hated it, even when she was tired, Maggie always made it back home.

Most of her clothes were in a bag on Daniel's floor or in his walk-in closet. Her makeup at next to the "her" sink in his doubled sink bathroom. Her toothbrush next to his in the yellow toothbrush holder, she made food for them in his kitchen, her favorite foods were in his fridge.  They were almost a married couple, no one would ever believe they hadn't been together for years.

"Honey I'm home," She said softly as she walked in the door. Her sweats on and her hair in a bun, so tired that when she walked into the apartment she didn't even notice the rose petals on the floor until she went to set her bag down. That's when the Candles and red petals caught her eye.

Standing up tall again, her eyes went wide as she looked at the beautiful scene set up in front of her. The living room and dining room were only lit by the candles spread out all over, the petals sprinkled all the way down the hall, leading into their bedroom. The sun was setting, the beautiful sky showing through the picture window along the one wall. Everything was so beautiful, her heart was becoming more filled with love with every step she took.

"Daniel?" She called out as she passed the bathroom, her bare feet meeting the silky rose petals causing goosebumps up her legs and arms, her heart beating in her ears as she walked into their room.

There he was, standing there, holding a dozen long-stemmed red roses, his beautiful smile spread proudly on his lips, candles all over their dressers and nightstands. Somehow his eyes looked even more blue and beautiful than ever.

"Daniel," Maggie said sweetly, her eyes filling with tears as she brought her hands up to her mouth, her eyes still wide with shock.

"I don't ever wanna know that there's another bed for you to sleep in. That there's another place you can call home, or go to at the end of the day. I love you. I want you here, always, all the time. I want to share everything with you, I want it to be ours. Our room, our bed, our lives. You pay bills every month that you don't need to pay, you drive an hour away four times a week which you don't need to do. I'm so in love with you Maggie. I want you to move in with me, to share your life with me, to call your home my home. Waking up and going to bed next to you is the most amazing thing, to know you're here,  its the most amazing thing. I don't want that to ever change Mags." By the time he was finished, Maggie had tears running down her face. No one had ever, ever done anything like this for her. It felt like someone just stood in time square and told a million people that he loved her, that he wanted her in all the same ways she wanted him.

Today was already a good day, she had just completed her first semester of the year and now had three weeks off, that had excited her more than anything because that meant she didn't have to leave him. But that all seemed silly now like that wasn't a big deal. Because now here she stood, Daniel less than a foot away from her, asking her to merge her life with his, professing his love for her. In this moment, no other human existed. No other person was taking a breath, talking to someone or moving. It was just Maggie and Daniel, they were the only people in the world.

Every day their bubble grew, it became more about them and less about everyone else, and it was amazing. Their bubble made them fall more in love every day, their bubble made them feel safe and protected like no one could ever ruin what they had. They liked their bubble, no, They loved their bubble.

Maggie closed the gap between them, Daniel's arms wrapping around her waist and pulling them chest to chest, her arms hanging from either side of his shoulder as they looked into each other's eyes, their smiles so wide it almost hurt.

"Nothing would make me happier than to move in with you Daniel Seavey" She whispered, placing a soft kiss on his neck as they stood in each other's arms.

"If you do all this for asking me to move in, what are you gonna do when you propose?"She asked with a laugh, classic Maggie always finding a way to be sarcastic. But Daniel's lips spread into a smile again, causing her neck to tingle, as he, in the most serious tone Daniel could muster, said softly;

"Don't worry, I've already got ideas that will top it"

Her heart melted, tears grew deep in her eyes as she held him closer.

god, she was in love.

Maggie smiled as she walked into their bedroom, Daniel passed out in bed, one of her pillows in his arms, his head lying softly on top of it. They had spent the last six hours cooking dinner, kissing every chance they got, and maybe even a little more than kissing. He told her he was going to change into Pjs, and after twenty minutes Maggie started to think he was never coming out, but Daniel being Daniel, he fell asleep.

Grabbing her phone from her bed side table, she opened their balcony doors and slid out, being careful not to wake him up. The bright light from her phone in the darkness of the night made her squint, not being able to handle the brightness as she clicked on Connors contact, placing the white I phone x up to her ear. Being tired herself, she wasted no time sitting on one of the two comfortable outdoor chairs, the sound of cars passing by filling her one ear as Connor and Ethan filled the other.

"Hi sis! Whats up?"

"Sorry, I know its late. I just had some news I wanted to tell you"

"Its okay, actually I was just about to call you, we have some news too"

"No way, tell me first"She said, crossing her arms over her chest as a winters breeze danced across her skin.

"A girl whos 8 months pregnant wants to meet with us, the lady from the adoption agency said she was impressed with us, only us" Maggie felt tears well up in her eyes for the second time tonight.

"You're getting a baby?"She whispered her face in the second biggest smile she had ever held on her lips.

"We're getting a baby"

"Oh my god, Con, I'm so proud of you. Me and Danny will come down tomorrow and we will go out for lunch and celebrate!"

"Yes, we would love that, now tell me your news, you can't leave me hanging. are you pregnant?"

"Oh my god, she's pregnant?!" She heard Ethan yell in the background.

"No, no ones pregnant! But he did ask me to move in with him"

"And how do we feel about that?"

"Cloud nine big brother," She told him truthfully, leaning her head back on the back of the chair.

"Good, he's a good one. I knew it would be him"

"You and everyone else in the fucking neighborhood, everyone expect me" She said with a laugh as she ran her hand through her hair.

"Okay, I'm tired as hell and we have to wake up early to meet Jenny, so ill see you tomorrow?"

"Sure, text me when you're done and we will leave. Joes?"

"Of course"

"Goodnight big brother"

"Goodnight little sister" Hanging up the phone, Maggie stood up almost right away, knowing that if she didn't go and get ready for bed now, she never would. It didn't take her long to brush her teeth and switch into one of Daniel's shirts and some underwear. Last but not least, she put her blonde hair in a bun and headed around to her side of the bed.

Moving the pillow out of Daniels arms, she quickly slid in, becoming a replacement as wrapped his arms tight around her.

"Everything okay baby?"He asked, half asleep, his eyes still shut.

"Everything is perfect," She said honestly, placing a kiss to the side of his mouth before cuddling into his chest, not taking more than five minutes for sleep to take over her body.

WOW IM EMO