one

Maggie sighed as she walked down the bright hallways of her new school. Her stomach in nots as she reread her locker number over and over, hoping that it would make it easier to find it; but just like reopening the fridge and hoping to see tacos appear on the top shelf; it didn't work.

Her anxiety had only gotten worse since she woke up this morning. The idea of starting new, in a different town , with a different last name was scary for her. The only person she knew here was her new adoptive brother Connor. Though he was as nice and welcoming as their 'mom'; it didn't make her feel any less scared. It was new people to impress and prove herself to.

"Are you Maggie?"A brown haired boy asked, walking up to her. Her heart began to beat fast as she tried to form words, her nerves and social anxiety getting the best of her.

"Im Daniel"He said, a welcoming smile never leaving his face as he looked at her.

"Hi"She shuttered, trying her best to return the smile.

"The woman in the front office said you might need some help, its a large school. Easy to get lost in."He said with a laugh as he reached over for the paper.

"You have English with Mrs.Tate second period with me and a few of my friends. She's really nice, very friendly. Then you have cooking with Mr.Ashby, he's great at everything but his meatloaf- don't ever try that"He joked, causing her to laugh a little before beginning to fiddle with her fingers and bite the inside of her cheek.

"Your locker is just down this hall, I had this locker number last year"He told her as he began to walk towards the large window at the end of the hall, Maggie following closely behind.

"Where did you move from?"He asked as they walked side by side.

"San Franciso"She answered, her fingers now dancing on the side of her thighs.

"Here you go"He smiled, as he pointed to one of the only lockers that weren't shut and locked.

"If you'd like to sit with me and my friends at lunch feel free, we sit outside away from most people because they are loud as hell most times"

"Sure, that would be grate"She said, her lips pressing upwards into line as she nodded her head.

"Sure, ill wait for you by those doors"

When lunch time came, Maggie waited by the doors for Daniel, a book in her hand and her bag hanging on her left shoulder. Her nerves even worse than before; now it wasn't just Daniel she was forced to make small talk with others.

"Maggie!Hey, this is Zach, Zach this is Maggie"Daniel smiled as he pointed as his red lunch tray balanced in his hands.

"Hi"Zach smiled "Id shake your hand but both of mine are full"He laughed, causing her to laugh slightly as she bit the inside of her cheek. She waved slightly with her book in her hand.

"Great Gatsby?Jack with love her"Zach commented as he looked at the roughed up copy in her hand.

"So how many of you are there?"Maggie asked as she walked on the grass, Zach to her left, Daniel to her right as he munched on a carrot stick from his little plastic cup filled with vegetables.

"Theres me, Zach, Jack, Corbyn and Jonah. We have been best friends since the age of 7"Daniel told her.

"And we sing"Zach said, smiling so big his cheeks must of hurt.

"You sing? I didn't know I was meeting a boy band"

"One direction who?"Zach laughed as they walked up to a picnic table sitting three boys.

"Jonah, Jack, Corbyn, meet Maggie. Maggie, meet the other three boy band members"Daniel joked, making Maggie giggle as she sat down next to the blonde.

Thats when she met him, the love of her life.

"Mags?Are you okay?"Jonah's voice knocked her out of her thoughts, bringing her back to her place on the Why Don't we's couch.

"Huh?Yeah, im fine, just thinking"She smiled, though he could see right through it. It wasn't real, it never was anymore. So much had changed in the last 6 years. They had graduated highschool, they had started a band while she went to university. Her and Corbyn had gotten together a few months after they had met.

"Whats going on?"Jo asked, taking a seat next to her and allowing her to lay her head on his shoulder.

"Just thinking about how we all met. I never would have guessed we would have all got so close. Makes me scared to lose you guys. Besides mom and Connor, you're all I've got"She told him, a frown placing on both of their lips.

"You could never lose us, we love you more than you even know"Jonah told her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Jonah was like another brother to her. He supported her hopes and dreams, held her when she cried, put her in her place when she needed to be, and even went in with her to shop in target at 12am.

"FAMILY HUG!"Jack yelled as he ran and jumped on the couch beside her, throwing his arms around her and meeting with Jonah's.

"Family hug without me?! You bastards!"Zach cried as he jumped on their laps causing all of them to grunt.

"Honey, we are home!!"Daniel called, bags of grogeries in both his hands and Corbyns.Maggie's heart instantly fluttering has her eyes set on the blonde who had always had her heart.

Pushing Zach off her lap, which ended in an 'oof' sound, causing both Jonah and Jack to snicker as she made her way to the kitchen.

"I got the chicken you asked for"Daniel said, walking back into the kitchen with another load of bags from the car.

"Thanks Danny boy, the only time you guys ever eat a home cooked meal is when I'm here"She laughed as she started to unpack the bags.

"Where did Bean go?"She asked, placing the bag of pasta and the fresh bell peppers on the counter top.

"Im not sure, he was here when I went back to the car"Daniel said, furring his eyebrows together as he looked around the large kitchen.

"Thank you for going instead, I wasn't feeling very well today"Maggie said, smiling as she folded up one of the echo friendly Walmart bags and began to take out the contents of the next one.

"Of course, everything okay?"He asked, looking at her worried, just like Jonah did. They were all worried about her, they all knew what she had been through.

"Always"She smiled,placing things in the fridge.

"Mags"He said, giving her a look. One she had seen before, many times.

"Im okay Danny, really. Now go ask the boys if their hungry and ill go find bean"Maggie urged as she wiped her sweaty palms on her black jeans.

"Okay"He nodded, giving up the fight, hopefully to win the war. Walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs, she could hear Corbyn's voice from his room.

"I know" She heard him say.

"Soon."He continued.

"Okay, bye"and them the conversation ended, just as she walked in the room.

"Hey baby, who was that?"She asked, as he stood up, placing his locked phone in his back jean pocket.

"Just my mom"He smiled, pressing a kiss to her cheek and pulling her into a hug; but for some reason Maggie couldn't find it in her to believe him, though she loved him too much to ever doubt him.

"Okay, im going to make dinner"She said, her voice distant as she pulled away from him.

"Are you okay?"He asked, his eyes searching his girlfriends as his hand met her forearm.

"Of course"She nodded, a smile revealing on her lips as she moved her arm away from him.