Ash

I slept for a couple of hours,waking at around eight thirty. I was feeling the pain from where I had bashed my shoulder on the rock and could feel it was covered in dried blood. I rolled out of bed and walked into my bathroom,threw off my shirt and looked at myself in the mirror. There was a six inch long gash pulled out of my shoulder and it was very deep.

"That's gonna leave a scar",I said sighing,"better shower off and close it up."

I slid out off my Rider boots and pants before getting in the shower and scrubbing all of the dirt off my face and the dried blood off my chest and shoulder,also washing the grime and sweat out of my hair. The soap in the wound on my shoulder stung like crazy,but it needed to be cleaned. Once I was done I dried myself off and slipped on a pair of underwear and boxer shorts as well as a pair of desert tan cargo pants before pulling on a pair of socks and then going back into the bathroom. I walked over to the sink and from the medicine cabinet,I pulled out a tube of glue.

It was the kind of glue they used to close wounds in hospitals,but it was The Order's version of it. It was sticker and more durable and had stuff in it to speed up the healing process of the wound it was applied to.It was usually met to be used on your dragon,and I'd used it on Blackstar a few times,but a few of my Rider buddies and I had found that it worked wonders on humans too,which is why I kept a tube of it around

. I took a deep breath and quickly blew it out,"here we go",I huffed undoing the cap.

I held the glue in my right hand,using my left to close up the wound before applying the glue. It stung so badly and made me want to howl,but it was that or stitches. After that was done,I walked back into my bed room and pulled a white T-Shirt out of my dresser and slipped it on before getting my foliage green Rider Military jacket with my rank and symbol on the collar and pulling it on over my shirt. I slipped on my Rider tags and my watch before lacing up my boots and walking down stairs. It was dead quiet,the only noise being the sound of the window unit and central air blowing the cold around the living room. Kelly and Mom were sitting in the kitchen eating. They didn't seem to be paying attention,so I took the chance to slip out un noticed.

As was the MO fro summer,the rain clouds were heavy in the sky. The air was cool and the wind was blowing,telling me a storm was only miles off. The street lights were glowing in their usual dim yellow glow,faintly lighting small patches of sidewalk and road around them. I stayed on the sidewalk as I walked down town. The dragons hadn't done to much damage in their attack,only scorching the ground and trashing a few cars. When I arrived downtown,it was busy as always. People leaving work to go home for the night,while others where coming into start the night shift. I walked for a few more blocks before coming on the Pizza Hut that stood near the edge of the island. It was glowing neon red and stood out against the black night sky like a firecracker. I entered the building,and was happy to find it empty of all but my Rider friend Ash.

Ash was a Rider ranked somewhere in Nobility Commander,very high up there,but still a long ways off from Master. His hair was so blond it looked white,thus earning him the nickname Ash. He stood taller than me,six feet or more with bright blue eyes like Vegas neon. He dressed in Rider attire. Cargo pants,T-Shirt and at the moment a Rider Military coat.

His dragon,Lynx(stupid name I know),was a Night Fury with white scales and red markings. As his name entailed,his eyes were red,almost blood red. He was a scary looking dragon for sure,but he was real sweet and had this insane crush on Blackstar,the funny thing was that it was obvious to everyone but him that Blackstar did NOT like him back.

"Hey Ash",I said walking up beside him.

"Oh hey Max",he said standing and hugging me,"ain't seen you in a while,how ya been brother?"