Chapter Ten.

Chapter Ten.

            I woke up feeling cold. I didn’t realize why until I stretched out and found and empty bed were my perfect mate should have been. I sighed, he usually left a note. But I could sense that he was still in the house. I pulled myself out of the comforts of my bed and went searching for him, I was only wearing one of his huge shirts. My group of rogues were coming tomorrow and I had to be initiated into the pack and accepted as the Luna.  I really need to go shopping for my own things. It had been a couple of days since the whole thing with Kira happened.

            I followed his scent to his office and pushed open the door. “We really need to go clothes shopping, I cannot keep wearing your shirts no matter how comfy they are” I said to Ben, giving him a smile. But I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Kira perched on the edge of his desk and Ben giving her a glare.

            “I distinctly remember him letting me wear his shirts at one point. Don’t worry I’ll wear them again” Kira said, turning to face me. She had light bruises along her jaw, eye, and her nose.

            “Get off my mate’s desk before I splatter you all over the walls” I said harshly.

            “He won’t be your mate for long” she replied, I growled so fiercely that I couldn’t understand how it had come from me. I hadn’t growled since I was a werewolf. Kira looked surprised and a little frightened and got up from the desk. Ben continued to glare at her but when his eyes meant mine they softened. He motioned me over and I walked to him, I let him pull me onto his lap and smiled when he kissed my neck.

            “What are you even doing here Kira?” I asked harshly and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek. He looked great as usual, wearing a thin red t-shirt and a pair of gray sweats.

            “I was discussing with her the fact that she needs to respect you as Luna or I will kick her out of my pack” he responded. I smiled at the thought of her being ripped to shreds by rogues.

            “Oh I like the sound of the second one” I said, she took a seat in one of the chairs in front of the desk and glared at me.

            “Your sister will never approve of this, once Zoey hears about this she will be on my side and then we will be free of you leech” she said through gritted teeth. I went to launch myself at her but Ben had an iron grip on me.

            “My sister doesn’t make my decision on any matters in my pack, she may not like it but if she wants to stay here she must deal with it” he responded back calmly. I didn’t want to be the reason that his family got torn apart but I didn’t want to live without him either. “You are dismissed” he said to her. She got up and stormed out of the room in a hissy fit. I smirked and turned to straddle him.

            He kissed me hard on the mouth and put his hands on my sides. I deepened the kiss and put my hands under his shirt to get to his chest. I smiled at the feel of his skin under my hands. Pulling away he stroked the side of my face and gave me a smile. “Want to go for a run? Before we go shopping” I asked him. He nodded and I smiled. “I really want to see what your wolf looks like” I said.

            “Well then let’s go running” he replied back in a seductive tone. I laughed and got up from his lap. I went to get changed and then met him downstairs; he wore athletic shorts and no shirt. “You ready?” he asked me. I nodded and we headed out the door.  We went into the woods until we were sure no one was there and then he stripped off his shorts. I checked him out and he gave me a cocky smile before standing back a little bit. His bones started to break and rearrange themselves and then there in front of me stood the darkest wolf I had ever seen, he almost looked blue.