"Hello, what's your name, age along with your exact date of birth?" She asks.

Scott looks at her, "Scott May, 20 years old. I was born on July fifth, 1998."

"Time?"

"12:08 P.M."

"Ok, and do you have any surviving family members?" She then asks.

"Uh, not that I know of." The lady nods her head, then as if noticing for the first time, she looks at the passenger seat at Katie, her eyes growing large.

"Uh...is that...ok, you guys can go through." Closing her little window, I watch as she talks into a wrist band, looking extremely shocked.

"What the heck is wrong with her?" Abby asks.

I see Scott eye her before returning his eyes on the road, "I've no idea." He says, following a lined path.

"What do you think has happened here?" Jessica asks.

"People in the government finally found out about the books, but they couldn't read them, so for precautions, a month before the events of last night happened, they created walls around Washington, hoping to keep out the creatures outside the walls," Katie says, her voice sounds like she was just reciting something you'd have to memorize for school.

"But how'd they know to take these certain precautions if they didn't know what was going to happen?" Gabby asks.

"I'm questioning the same thing," Katie says, looking back at us. I almost gasp. Her skins paler than usual, and purple bags show under her eyes, making her look exhausted.

"Katie!" Jessica gasps.

Looking startled, Katie looks at Jessica, "What?"

"Your...have you been using the face masks I gave you?" She asks. I almost slip out a giggle, this isn't really the time to be asking if someone has been wearing their face masks.

"Ok...so what happens now?" Gabby asks.

"Now, we go to the Capitol building, walk in and talk to them."

"So, we're just going to walk into the capitol building?"

"Yes, that is what the book says."

"Are we seriously going to focus on everything from the books?" Alli asks. "Because if we do...then we're screwed!"

"What does she mean we're screwed?" I ask, "What are you keeping from us!?"

Katie, looking like she's about to break says, "We lose!" She screams, making everyone jump. "Is that what you really wanted to hear? That we lose, most of us die, and the ones that don't will become slaves for the rest of their lives! Is that really what you wanted to hear!"

"Katie-" Scott says, almost sounding like he's trying to get Katie to chill, but that doesn't work.

She sits back in her chair, not talking for the rest of the way to the Capitol.

---

Less than fifteen minutes pass, and we finally get to the Capital, and near the doors I see tall people with large guns stand there, their eyes following us as we all get out the car.