Him and I

He stared at the paper with a confused expression, "What is this?"
I remember my hand shaking as I stood there, trying to seem even the smallest bit taller.
"I promised to write you a story," I told him, "but you never gave me the subject."
"I told you I didn't need a story," He frowned down at me. I had heard him when he had said that, of course.
"I know," I murmured, "so I chose my own subject. I wrote this for you anyway."
I watched him take the paper and begin to read it. The words were still fresh in my own mind:

With a brilliance he stood there, gleaming with his own light. She had always cringed away from the brightness of the world, but all he ever did was draw her in. It was a wonder she that she wasnt already lost.
She was still confused as to how or why someone so amazing could hide away like he did. All she wanted to do was hug him and say that everything would be alright. But as always, his eyes strayed from hers to stare at the ground. With that, the usual feeling of lonliness settled around the both of them.
She wanted to give him a flower of hope. A seed of inspiration to open up to someone. Something. Anything. Someday, perhaps, she would be lucky enough to capture him in her arms and whisper away his fears. She would help him stop fading away into the darkness. She would bring his light farther into the open.
Someday. She would save him like he had once saved her.

I watched as his eyes slowly rose to meet mine.
"Are these characters based off anyone in particular...?" He asked slowly, as if the words were glued to his tongue.
"These characters are based off two very real people. These words have always been waiting to be told," I averted my eyes. Suddenly, I was embraced tightly in his arms.
"Make the story come true," Was all he whispered to me. Maybe someday I would. Maybe someday I would be able to actually tell him it would be okay. For now, I simply smiled.