Subject 227

I never knew how twisted the world could be until the day I woke up with amnesia.

I slowly opened my eyes. My head hurt like hell, and I could feel my wrists and ankles were strapped down via metal.

"Welcome back to life, Subject 227," A male voice spoke. I knew in that moment that I should've been scared, but instead I wondered who Subject 227 was. Was that me? I couldn't even remember my own name at the moment. Who was I?

"What's happening?" I mumbled. My lips felt like swollen bags of sand. What had happened? Why was I here?

"You died on the operation table," The man said casually. I heard the scraping of metal then felt pain in my arm. Suddenly, I could open my eyes. I felt like I could run a marathon.

I looked around and saw a man with a dark brown hair and green eyes staring at me. He seemed older, maybe in his fifties. My head was still pounding, but I felt great. Everything seemed clear. I could see dust particles floating through the air. Had life always been this way? Was I even ever alive?

"It's great to see you back, Subject 227. You were dead for a quite a long time. I was getting worried," The man smiled, "In case you can't remember, my name is Mike. Your name is Lily."

I looked around the room some more and noticed it looked like a hospital. Well, more like a hospital and jail. The room was fully white and filled with medical tools, but the windows of the room were barred. The door was also a sheet of metal. I could see the fibers of the metal clearly.

"I feel... weird. What's going on?" I breathed out.

Mike seemed a bit nervous for some reason, "Your senses are enhanced now. A serum is running through your veins, making you stronger than ever before."

Mike began to walk around the operation table. He pulled out a key and unlocked the cuffs from around my wrists and ankles. He still seemed nervous, but not scared. Why was he nervous? Was I dangerous?

I sat up and rubbed my wrists. They were sore, as if the metal had been rubbing against them for a long while. How long, and why, was I on this table?

By now I was feeling a sense of deja vu. Had something like this happened before? I knew that I had seen this man before. There were many faces in my memories, but they were blurry.

"I had a family." I blurted out. Wait... I did have a family! I had a mom, a dad, and a... brother? Yes. I had a brother.

"W-Well, of course you did." Mike stuttered. Why was he so afraid?

"They're dead." I mumbled to myself. I began to see images. Small blurps of color and faces. My mom and dad, whom I had loved so much, being killed. The men with guns rampaging into our house and taking me and my brother alive. My brother had died after his first test. Subject 226. I had seen it all. I had been watching as his blood boiled inside of him.

"You killed them." I slowly looked up at Mike. As expected, his eyes were wide in terror.

"N-Now lets n-not make hasty decisions here..." Mike stuttered out some more words.

I chuckled. Useless words. They had made a mistake. Chosen the wrong girl. You don't kill someone's entire family in front of them then expect them not to return the favor when given the chance.

"We need backup in Subject 227's operation room," Mike spoke swiftly, yet nervously, into a walkie talkie. I had begun to laugh hysterically at this point. My mind was broken. I was broken. My family was dead.

"Karma," I murmured into Mike's ear. My voice was soft, like a lover's whisper. My hands slid up to his neck and then...

Crack.

I broke his neck. I guess I really did have better strength.

The door flew open and in ran armed guards. Well, I thought to myself, I guess I didn't need to deal with the locked metal door anymore.

"Put your hands behind your head and lean against the wall!" Yelled one of the guards, "Don't make us shoot!"

I feigned innocence, "But I'm helpless," A grin grew onto my face and I ran at the closest guard. Soon enough, his neck was broken too.

"Fire!" Screamed the guard who originally spoke. I twisted and turned as I ran around, killing guards. I even acquired a large knife from one. A few bullets hit me, but none got me where it was vital.

I found a lighter on one of the bodies once I had killed them all. I knew backup was on it's way, so I had to be quick. I ran around, looking through each door. If my memory served me right, one lead to a garage of sorts.

Once I found the garage I also found cans of gasoline. By now, backup was marching down the hallway. I smiled sadly. This was the end, but at least I could take the entire facility down with me.

"This is your last chance to surrender," A loud voice spoke from the doorway. I grinned at him.

"Never," I spoke simply. Then, I threw down the match onto the gasoline surrounding me. I knew the explosion and fire would spread to the other garages surrounding the building.

Flames exploded around me and I was thrown back. I didn't hit the wall behind me, I ended up hitting a tree instead. The walls must have been blown out in the explosion. I smiled. What a way to go out.

The last thing I felt before I lost consciousness was a pair of hands pulling me deeper into the forest. The last thing I heard were the multiple voices surrounding me and a deep male voice murmuring to me, "It's going to be okay, you'll be alright."

Then, I was gone.