☪ CH 12 ☪

DAWN 12 | RISK

EVERYONE SCRAMBLED to their feet and lean over the edge as they heard Shin–ah gaped, pointing his trembling finger ahead. A yelp was heard from the princess as she clamped her mouth to silence herself.

Gi–gang dilated as she saw her own warrior tangled in the waves and brought down, "Jae–ha." But her eyes caught the blur of a black–haired male, "Yren."

Her concern increased when she realized that he jumped, shocking the other two of the pirates who slapped themselves to see if they were seeing it right.

"Hey! Hey! Did Yren just jumped?" Sei–ji fretted, waving his arms in frantic.

"Yren..." Ki–yo worriedly gaze over the waves as it grew stronger, "A storm is coming."

"No shit! The ocean just swallowed Jae–ha!"

The princess glanced down at her hands, guilt tugged her heart as she put the puzzles altogether. The reason why the strange man saved her by doing the task that was supposedly assigned for her. Why is that?

"Man..." Shin–ah softly growl, gripping the edge of the ship. That's when Yun perked, "Shin–ah, what do you mean?"

"Same man..."

Kija looked over as he caught the sight of the body before it was engulfed in the water, "Same man? Do you mean–" His words sink in his throat as an explosion beneath the water surface paralyzed the audience.

"What the hell?" One of them rant. That was a first. No one ever saw such thing in the ocean.

Then a figure emerged out of the waves onto the piles of scattered rocks, there stood a male, carrying another male. There was no mistake, it was Jae–ha unconscious.

"Yren!" Sei–ji tried grabbing their attention but the figure was gone as soon another wave splashed on where they stood, "Where did they go?"

"Yren..." Yona rolled the name off her tongue, anxious as time ticks by. Then she did what she felt was right. She ran off board. Off the see Yren and Jae–ha. Something was not right. And she can't shrug it off as she saw what the individual did for her friend.

"Princess!"

A FIT OF COUGH pulled your eyes to stare at the male, gasping as squirts of salty water left his lips. Your muscles finally gave out after the tries of doing CPR, your arms were numb from repeatedly pressing against his chest – mouth to mouth, reviving the idiot back to life.

"Oh my...am I seeing an angel?" You snapped back at the green–haired, hairs sticking to his face perfectly, lips red as they were swollen from your resuscitation. His amethyst orbs gaze to where you sat, for a second, it doubled in size as he reach for your face.

"You're back..."

You pushed his hand back and punched his chest, "Stop dreaming, idiot." He threw another fit of cough before sitting back up.

He cracked an eye open, groaning when he realized it was you, Yren, "Damn, I thought I saw her for a moment there. You just had to seize the moment."

"Her?"

Jae–ha ran his slender fingers over his slick hair locks, "Someone." He sneak a glance at your direction, perceiving as your lashes glaze over the horizon – his chest stirred. In those eyes reflect the vast of sea, glittering as the sun won over the storm.