☪ CH 04 ☪

"Monster!"

DAWN 04 | CHARITY

MOM, It never occurred to me that such dream come true.

THE STRANGER did not blink as he harshly pried the hand off him, as if it was fire burning his skin before he scurried away, shouting the same thing over again.

"Monster!"

You had a small glimpse of a man's broad back before your eyes flutter close, the little incident earlier had weakened your muscles - not only that your sides hurts, so did your head. It was a rough impact.

The stranger fret at the weight on his back, when he turn just about, he saw you leaning on him unconsciously. He hesitantly carried you on his arms, checking if he was pressuring any injury.

Your shoulder blade were bloomed in colours and he noticed a few trails of blood on the side of your head. How much did the villager lay a harmful finger on you?

As he cascaded down a narrowed and dark steps, he was greeted by his small friend, squeaking few sounds and there. When he came into his residing room, he roamed around to find a warm spot, seeing as you were trembling in cold.

He sighed, settling you down to where he usually sleeps and sit all day. But even with the warmth of the moulded rocks, you were still uncontrollably shivering. This concerned the young man.

What should I do. He glanced for a piece of advice from his trusting companion since he was low when it comes to helping others, he never much met people who could stay enough in his presence.

This was a first. That someone stayed more than a minute in his sight.

"Ao." It responded with a squeak.

He nod, sinking the words it gave before pulling out his fur and resting it on top of you. However, it was still the same. His hand reached to cup your redden cheeks, you were burning in flames and he immediately knew it was a fever.

He panicked.

He was used to the temperature of his room and only experience this illness once when he adjusted to the newly environment.

But with you, a stranger, not even having the tint of blue in your hair. He recognised that you were an outsider, that are supposedly forbidden to come.

"Mhm..." His head snapped to your curled frame, a pang of guilt drown his chest at the pitiful sight. He surveyed his empty room, walls, walls, walls - then he looked at you.

He strolled over to you, tugging his coat a little higher before sitting down and pushing your frame into his chest, a blush crept on to his hidden cheeks. With no other options, he'll just have to use his body to radiate enough heat for you.

The trembling stopped and you snuggled close for warmth, smiling as you do so. So innocent. The awkward position gave him a clear view of your winged lashes, pink kissable lips, adorable nose and puffy cheeks. His valuable item jingled as he fell backward, followed by you, straddling his chest.

He heaved in relief, you were sound asleep in his arms. At least you were enjoying his warmth and snoring peacefully. But the fear of your reaction later paint him.