Anxiety (Stony)

Pairing: Steve x Tony
Warnings:Anxiety
Word count:420

"Look,you little righteous asshole,you aren't always right." Tony and I had been arguing over a mission again "Neither are you,now trust me on this. This is where they are." "Why don't you just be quiet." "Make me." Well that was childish.

Then his lips were against mine. It took a second,but I kissed back. He pulled away abrutly. "Well that seemed to work." He said with a smug look. So I shoved my lips against his again,and when he kissed back,I pulled away. When I opened my eyes he looked surprised. "So did that. Let's just tell Nat to solve this." He nodded his head,trying to act cool again.

Time skiperino (a week later)

I was walking around the tower to ask Tony a science question. I went up to his room to see him asleep next to a random lady. Immediately I walked off quickly,trying to avoid everyone as much as possible. I went to a place only Tony and I knew(because he's nosy),knowing he probably wouldn't come looking for me.

It was an old bridge over a small stream that wasn't even on maps. I hung my feet over the edge and stared down at the calm water. I was starting to think he might actually like me. Like that could ever happen,he's too caught up in what other's think.

After a while,I realized the drops hitting the water. It was rare,but I'm crying. I heard footsteps knocking against the wood of the bridge. I didn't need to turn to know who it was. I got up and started to walk away. "Wait." I kept walking. "Steve,please wait." Finally I turned. "What?" I said as emotionless as possible.

"W-were you...crying?" He said,puzzled. "Uh no." I said wiping my face. "What's wrong?" I rolled my eyes. "Why did you kiss me?" He looked dumbfounded. "Because I like you,of course." I shook my head. "Then why the girl?" Again he looked dumbfounded but only for a second. "Oh yeah,her. She's nobody." "She was in your bed,Tony." He flinched slightly when I said his name. "I didn't think you liked me."

He subtly started hitting one of his hands against the other,and his breathing was getting heavier. Anxiety. I calmed down. "Of course I do." He came up and hugged me. "Breathe." I stroked his hair in an attempt to help. His breathing slowed,and we pulled apart. "Let's go."