Chapter 61- The Secret's Out + (A recap in Case you Forgot!)

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure we can take a five minute break." I said to him as I began to kiss him. We began to make out on the floor, Luis sitting up and me on top of him. As I began to take off his shirt, the doorbell rang. "Ugh, perfect timing." I muttered to myself. I kissed him one final time, as I slowly got up. "It's probably the delivery man forgetting one of our packages. I'll be back." I said as I walked downstairs. The person kept on knocking again. "I'm going as fast as I can!" I yelled at the person knocking at the door. Who the hell was knocking so rudely? I opened the door. It was not the delivery man. "Uh, can I help you?" I asked.

The man had on a suit and tie, and papers in his hand. "Is this the residence of Luis Jones?" The man asked. 

"Yes. I'm his wife, is there a problem?" I asked confused.

"I am here to deliver this eviction notice." He said as he handed me a paper that said 'EVICTION' on the top. I grabbed my stomach.

"What? Why?!" I asked. 

"The person who owns the house said that Luis Jones is to be removed from the premises." He explained. 

"Babe, who's at the door?" Luis asked as he headed down the stairs. I turned around, tears in my eyes.

"We're being evicted." I said to him, my voice shaking, as I handed him the paper. He read the paper.

"What?! Why?" He asked confused.

"He said the owners of the house requested that we be removed from the premises." I explained.

"The owner refuses to pay for the house anymore." The man added.

"That's bullshit!" Luis yelled. "It's the label company, I told you they would try to take the house." Luis said to me.

"Sir, we tried getting the money from a debit card account ending in 4588, but there was insufficient balance." He said. That was Luis' debit card!

"Shit, they froze that account too?!" He yelled. 

"We're about to lose our house?" I asked Luis, as I slowly breathed in and out, trying to stay calm. I held my stomach tightly, trying to relax.

"No babe, we'll find a way." He said. 

"Sir, you have twenty four hours to vacate the home, or we will call law enforcement on you." He said. 

"Law enforcement?" I asked. 

"Yes ma'am." He confirmed. We were going to be homeless. That's all that was registering in my mind. How did we go from making a nursery, to being homeless in less than five minutes. I thought about asking Eddie and Kayla for a loan or maybe Luis' sister, but then the idea came to me.

"What if we have the money right now?" I asked. Luis gave me a confused look. 

"Well, if you can pay this month's payment then you can stay here." The man said. 

"Babe, you don't make that much to-" 

"Yes I do." I cut him off. Hailey's down payment that was triple what I normally charge would pay this month's payment. I rushed to my office and went through my stuff. I found the check that Hailey signed and rushed back to the front door. I had cashed it already and hid the cash in a locked drawer. Finding the key, I unlocked it, and grabbed enough money that would cover the cost. I put it in an envelope and came back to the front door. Luis gave a confused look. The man took out the money and began counting it, and shined every hundred dollar bill in the light to make sure it was real. Luis kept starring at me, but I didn't care. 

"Okay, this will cover this month's mortgage payment." He said, as he took the eviction letter and ripped it up. "Pay on time next month or I'll really have you two evicted." He warned as he left. Luis shut the door and then looked at me confused.