The driver opened the door, and I slipped inside.

The heat outside was sweltering, and I felt an immense relief as I settled into the cool comfort of the car. Sipping my coffee, I gazed out at the passing skyscrapers. This daily route to work never failed to captivate me; its beauty was a stark contrast to the bustling streets of New York City, where I had spent most of my life.

It's still hard for me to believe how far I've come. After graduating with a degree in Business Administration from Harvard University, I made the immediate decision to move to California, despite my parents' objections.

They wanted me to return to New York, but I had my reasons for not wanting to stay there for longer than a week. My visits to the city were limited to holidays, and even then, I kept my stays short. My parents and Milan couldn't understand why I didn't want to spend more time there. They often complained that I worked too hard, but the truth is, if I hadn't, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Hard work and dedication have shaped me into the person I am now.

Over the past five years, I've done my best to avoid the Billionaire Boys Club whenever I was in New York, especially during the holidays when they hosted their annual ball. I always found excuses to skip those events—I simply didn't want to cross paths with Zane, the first boy who broke my heart.

I thought my anger would fade as the years passed, but deep down, I still harbor so much resentment towards him. I can't seem to get over the fact that he chose her over me, someone he had only known for four months, disregarding our ten years of friendship.

That's when I realized that knowing someone for a lifetime doesn't guarantee they'll stay by your side forever. And that's how I developed trust issues.

Thank you so much, Zane.

His name leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. To me, he no longer exists, and I go to great lengths to avoid him. So far, I've been successful.

After that fateful homecoming night almost six years ago, I never spoke to him again. I even switched high schools, much to Angelica's disappointment. My parents had no idea why I wanted to transfer, but they allowed me to without pressing further. I went from Stuyvesant High School to Manhattan High School for Girls.

Milan also found it odd that I no longer wanted to attend the Billionaire Boys Club events. I came up with a lie, claiming that my current high school overwhelmed us with excessive homework and tests. He didn't buy it completely, but he didn't dig deeper either.

"Miss, we have arrived." The driver opened the door and assisted me as I stepped out. Entering the imposing building, I headed straight to the conference room on the twentieth floor.

I knew this building like the back of my hand since I frequented it for meetings and presentations.

As I entered the conference room, everyone was already seated and waiting for me. Taking a deep breath, I launched into the meeting.

After what felt like an eternity, the meeting finally concluded. I hurried outside, realizing I was already fifteen minutes late for my lunch date with Angelica.

Angelica was studying Hospitality Management at California State University, enjoying her second year so far. Her only challenge was the long-distance relationship with Axel, her high school sweetheart. He resided in New York while she remained in California, but their affluent backgrounds facilitated frequent visits.