Chapter 6

God school actually sucks. Nobody really likes us here. They're all to snobby and stuck up. This girl next to me in history is absolutely the worst. I was just trying to talk to Julie and she rudely told us to shut the hell up.

"Julie." I poke her shoulder to get her attention. "I hate history."

"I know. You've told me everyday since the start of the year."

"It's true."

"Do you ever stop talking?" The girl next to me asks.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I sarcastically answer.

"Just shut up already." She even has the nerve to add an eye roll.

"Kenny forget her." Julie says.

"Whatever." I mumble.

Yay! It's lunch time. I grab my lunch and sit at my usual table with the other ducks.

"Man, do you think coach is gonna kill us at practice again?" Charlie asks.

"But we aren't dead Charlie." Dwayne says.

"It's a metaphor Dwayne."

"Oh."

"Nice game." Rylie says stopping at our table.

"Yeah right. It was horrible tie." Charlie says.

"Hey a points a point right? Now how about dinner on Friday?"

"Dinner?" Russ asks.

"Yeah. It's tradition. Varsity treats Freshman to a dinner." We all look at each other and five uneasy glances. "You do like steak and seafood right?"

Everyone nods and mumbles yeas while I shake my head.

"What's with the head shaking #13?" Rylie asks me.

"It's Kendra and I don't like steak or any meat and sea animals are friends not food."

"They have salads and vegetarian food. So downtown at 7? Anyone need a ride we got you."

"Look, I don't like you pukes." Cole started. "But it's tradition and at Eden Hall I've learned to care about tradition."

We nod our heads. They start to leave when Adam speaks cheerfully. "It's cool."

He winks at me and follows his team away. I blush a little.

"It's cool."

"Banks says it's cool."

"Mine as well go."

~~~~~~~

It Friday night and I'm getting ready. I decided to wear a mid thigh length skirt with a dark blue flowery blouse. I paired it with classic black flats. Never go wrong with flats.

I put my hair in a single neat braid and applied light makeup. I was ready.

"Charlie let's go!"

"I'm coming. How is it that you get dressed faster than I do?"

"Not all girls take long to get ready." I remind him.

"Hey mom can you drop us off now?"

"Sure thing sweeties." My mom says coming out of the kitchen with her purse.

We get in my moms car and I got shot gun since I got to the car first. She drove us to the restaurant and we thanked her and walked in.

"I forgot to tell you, you look handsome." I tell my brother. He was wearing a clean and crisp black suite with a black tie.

"Thank you. You do to."

We follow the waiter into a private room. Charlie and I sit next to each other and across from Adam. Connie is to my left and Luis is to Charlie's right.

Waiters come and take our orders. I order a simple salad with cheese, lettuce, and ranch and I get a water.

"Oh my god all this meat is making me nauseous." I say out loud to no one in particular.

"You ok Kenny?" Connie asks.

"I'll be fine not a big fan of meat or seafood, makes me feel sick."

"Here have my water." She hands me her class and I thank her before draining it.

"You don't look so good Kenny." Adam says looking at me with concern.

"I'll be fine."

"Kenny are you ok? You don't look to hot." Charlie asks. Did he not hear both Adam and Connie?

"So I've been told." I roll my eyes. "It's just the meat."

"Oh. Ohh. You should probably get some air. Remember thanksgiving. You threw up all over the table because there was too much meat and you got nauseous."

"That's my cue to leave."

"What why?"

I give him a dumbfounded sarcastic look.

"Ohhh. To much meat there too much meat here. You threw up."

"Can I leave yet or are you just gonna state the obvious?"

"Go get some air or whatever."

I got up and quickly walked out the room and out the front door. Ahh fresh meat free air. I stand outside and take some deep breaths and decide to head back in.

"Oh you decide to join us again I see." Rylie says as I enter the room again. I think he was making a speech or something because he was the only one standing up.

"Yup. Sorry. Too much meat stinking up the room. Got nauseous so I decided to get air before I threw up all over the table." I smiled after I said all that.

"Wow such a lady." Cole calls from the table.

"Ha funny. You should become a comedian." I say sitting down.

"Now as I was saying. Sit tight we have one last surprise for you. Boys." Riley and the rest of the Varsity stand up and head towards the exit. "Banksie, come on."

I look at Adam and his head his hung low and he has a saddened look on his face. He slowly gets up and he mopes his way over to Rylie who was waiting at the door

"Wait here." With that Rylie and the Varsity are gone.

The team throws around confused looks before Guy speaks. "I don't want to spoil anything but I overheard it in the bathroom. It's a cake. Act surprise alright."

"Nice."

The doors open and in comes this three tier cake with sparklers in the side. We were all ready to dig in before Goldberg read the words that were written on the cake.

"Thanks for dinner, loser!"

The waiter hand Charlie the check and he cautiously turn it over.

"$875!"

"Where are we going to get that kind of cash?"

"Man!"

For the next 3 hours all of us had to work to pay for the bill. We cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the dishes, and cleaned the restaurant.

It was torture. But we did come up with a plan to get them back. We put it in action after we leave this place.