Chapter Eight:

Evee's P.O.V:

The week had went by so fast. And today I was finally nineteen.

I woke this morning with several messages from my family, and my friends. I even had messages from the boys.

Michael's was interesting though. It read:

'Hey cutie x Happy birthday! Can't wait to see you tonight xx Stay sexy ;)'

Now don't get me wrong, I was flattered, but I can only imagine what Ashton would have done if he would have saw the message. He gets a little jealous sometimes, but he never takes it to far. And that's with random guys, but Michael was his best friend. He would probably have lost it.

But Ashton's message was the sweetest.

He had sent it directly at 12:00, wanting to be the first to say happy birthday.

I woke to the sound of my phone buzzer, and read his words.

'Hey sweetie. Sorry, if I woke you, but I really wanted to be the first to tell you happy birthday. I also wanted to tell you just what you mean to me. I know we've been in this for longer than a year now, and everything has moved smoothly. Except for that one time, but let's forget about that, eh? Anyway, back on topic. You are so very special to me. I treasure you Evee. From you're awkward eye twitching, to the excited bouncing you do when you watch romance movies. I just love it all. Truly. I may not be able to be there for you every second, like I would love to do, but I promise you, that I never go an hour without thinking of you, and that beautiful smile. Basically what I am saying is that I love you. I hope you have the best day ever. You deserve it, cupcake. P.S. I can't wait to see you later. It's going to be rad. xx -Ash.'

His message, legitimately made me forget about sleep, and I laid there, staring at his words with the happiest feeling in the world.

I never thought, I, Evee Grace Maddox, could be loved so greatly, by a big rockstar like Ashton.

It made me feel like anything was possible. Anything.

And instead of texting him back, I called him.

He answered within two rings. He sounded like he hadn't slept any in the past week.

'Hey sweetie. Happy birthday!' he said chirpily.

'Hey babe. Thank you so much. You just made this day perfect, and it has barely even started," I said, gripping the phone tightly lo my ear.

'Yay, I'm glad to make you happy, seeing as how I have trouble doing that," he sounded a bit sad.

'Ashton, you never fail to make me happy,' I said reassuring him. I felt him grinning slightly, through the other end of the phone.

'Alright babe. Well, you should get some rest. We have a big day ahead of us.' I smiled, 'Yeah. Alright. Goodnight sweetheart.'

'Goodnight, love'

He then hung up.

But my worries were still lingering on. Ashton seemed upset quite a lot this week. I'm not sure why though.

I asked him several times, but he always played it off as nothing.

Last Tuesday, Ash brought Calum over, and we had lunch together. He didn't eat anything though.

He said he wasn't hungry, but for some odd reason, I just couldn't come to believe that. He looked small, and frail. Weak even.

He left for the bathroom, and I asked Calum about it. He said he had been having trouble with his drum rolls, playing them to slow. He was showing up late to practice, and even stopped coming to their annual video game nights.