Chapter 45 - "If I hurt myself, you'll hurt too."

Start from the beginning

I've been lying from the start, you know it's tearing me apart. But would you really want the whole truth? When I finally tell it all, will it be your wrecking ball? Or a bitter taste you tried to hide as smooth?

I know I took it all away. So let me give it all back to you, you, oh, you, you. Give it all, give it all back to you. You, you, oh, you, you. Give it all, give it all back to you.

Your heart is on fire and my soul's the flame. But the damage left behind us is not the same.

So let me give it all back to you, you, you, you. Give it all, give it all back to you. You, you, oh, you, you. Give it all, give it all back to you."

He strummed a finale chord and turned to me.

"What was so special about November 9th?" I asked.

"That's when we babysat Jayden together for the first time. And I tried to convince myself all night that I wasn't going to fall for you. But, well..."

"But..." I looked at the lyrics. "You played the part."

I showed him what line I meant and grinned a little.

"Thank God I did, or else you wouldn't be sitting here."

"Wait. Wasn't that the night you told me you wasn't going to spoon me until I was your girlfriend?"

"Yeah." He said, getting up to put away the guitar again.

"What are your thoughts about spooning now, then?"

"I hate it."

I gave him a look, and he smiled when he walked towards the bed.

"Just kidding. Move."

He pointed at the headboard, and I moved over to sit by it. Then he crawled up on the bed and lay down next to me, his head resting on my stomach. I began to play with his hair and for a moment I wished this day would never end.

On my way to the kitchen later that night, I felt two hands gripping onto my waist from behind.

"Gees, babe, you can't even walk straight."

I spun around in his embrace, smiling.

"Don't forget you're the hostess."

"What, can't I drink if I'm the hostess?" I asked, and wobbled a little.

Niall took a firmer grip around my arms, trying his hardest to look into my eyes.

"Of course, but maybe not this much?"

"But you've had just as much as me!"

He chuckled a little.

"That's true, but you're smaller than me so you get drunk faster. Let's go drink some water, alright?"

He guided me towards the kitchen. I greeted a guy in the hall, waving at him and pretending to lift my hat off. Niall laughed as we entered the kitchen.

"How rude of him not to wave back." I muttered, crossing my arms.

"That's because you were talking to a coat."

"Oh."

Niall smiled and easily picked me up, setting me down on the kitchen island.

"Don't fall down."

He took down a glass from the cabinet and poured water into it.

"Are people having a good time?" I asked.