Chapter 10 - "Do you want me to stay?"

Previously in chapter 9:
"You should try and get into uni next year." I eventually told him. "Just take a few courses every now and then."

"Do I have to remind you that my grades in high school sucked? I wouldn't get in even if I applied."

"So you're planning on working at Starbucks for the rest of your life?"

"Don't get started on this again, Olivia. We've talked about this before."

"Yeah, two years ago. I just thought that maybe you've changed your mind about university."

"School triggered me to depression, so I'm not going to force myself into that shit again."

"Fair enough." I mumbled and looked away.

I was just trying to help

"I feel like getting really fucked up tonight. You wanna join me?" He asked, and I nodded.  

----------------------------------------------------------

So Niall and I ended up at a bar. Frankly I could use a night out with someone who won't judge me if I drink too much. After all, Niall has always used alcohol to escape.

"Two Purple Hooter and two Tequila shots!" He told the bartender once we sat down by the disk.

"Coming right up." The guy behind the bar smiled, putting four small glasses on the disk in front of us, filling up the first two glasses.

"What's that?" I mumbled to Niall, leaning closer to his ear.

"Vodka, raspberry liqueur and 7-Up."

The bartender then put a small plate next to the two empty glasses. The plate contained two lime slices and some salt.

"Lick the back of your hand." Niall instructed, showing me by briefly licking the back of his own hand. I mimicked his movement, waiting for next step.

"Then you take the salt, like this."

He took some salt between his fingertips and sprinkled it over the back of his hand. Once again, I did the same.

"Now to the fun part." Niall grinned, grabbing the lime from the plate. "We're going to lick the salt, take the tequila shot and then bite the lime, okay?"

"What makes you think I've never taken a tequila shot before?" I questioned.

He gave me a sceptical look.

"You've always been a good girl. Besides, I'm a bartender myself so I can tell which one is the fresh blood in a group of friends."

"You can still read me." I observed.

"Like an open book."

He grabbed the shot glass, looking at me.

"You ready?"

"Explain it one more time." I said, ignoring how he rolled his eyes.

"Lick the salt, take the shot, bite the lime. Got it?"

I nodded and grabbed the glass. He counted down from three and then I licked the back of my hand, tilted my head back in one swift movement and felt the burning liquid going down my throat. I pulled a face and stopped for a second, but Niall started waving his hand while he bit his lime.

"Right." I said, biting onto my own lime.

Once again I pulled a face from the awful taste, and Niall just laughed. I heard him order a cocktail and a beer and I shook my head, trying to get rid of the taste in my mouth.