Sara

Sara awoke with a start when she felt the person lying next to her toss and turn violently. Neal groaned in his sleep, his body was coated in a thin sheen of sweat.

            “Neal,” Sara said quietly, placing her and on his bare chest, “Neal, wake up.” Her boyfriend didn’t respond, instead he rolled fitfully again, groaning in discomfort.

            “Neal wake up,” she spoke louder, shaking him gently. Neal’s eyes opened wide and he shot up in the bed with a gasp. He immediately clapped his hand over his mouth and bolted off the bed toward the bathroom. Sara sat shocked for half a second before she got off the bed and followed him.

            She found him hunched over the toilet and dropped to her knees next to him, rubbing his back gently.

            “Shhh, it’s okay Neal, you’re okay,” Sara murmured, feeling the muscles under her hand contract and relax. Eventually it stopped and Neal leaned back. Sara ran her hand through his hand and brought it to rest on the back of his neck.

            “Are you okay?” she asked quietly, already knowing the answer. Neal shook his head and then shifted so he was leaning against the wall of the bathroom. Sara saw how pale he was and noticed he was sweating and shaking. She put the back of her hand on his forehead and removed it right away, burning from his fever.

            “Come on,” she said, gently tugging on his arm until he stood. Sara led him back to the bed and sat him down before walking back into the bathroom. She returned a moment later with the thermometer and a cool cloth. She stuck the thermometer under his tongue and sat next to him, rubbing the cloth gently up and down his back.

            “I’m sorry about this,” Neal said quietly.

            “103.2” Sara read out and then asked, “What are you apologizing for?”

            “You just moved in a few weeks ago and now suddenly you have to deal with this,” Neal said.

            “I’m not ‘dealing’ with anything,” Sara told him, forcing him to lie back down, “You’re my boyfriend and you’re sick, that means that I’m going to take care of you until you’re better.” Neal smiled and pulled her down next to him, already starting to fall asleep.

            “Hey Sara?” Neal said and she looked down at where his head lay, resting against her shoulder while she ran her fingers through his unruly hair.

            “Yeah?” she replied quietly.

            “I love you.” Sara smiled widely.

            “I love you too Neal.”

Four Times Someone Took Care of Neal When he was Sick...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें