Consequences

Today is the day that Whit and Bryce will be coming home from the hospital. Ash was a little nervous, considering Whitney already knew a little about what happened last night. 

Ash wakes up her usual time, around 8:00, and goes down stairs for some coffee. When she gets to the kitchen, she sees that the lights are already on. She knows for sure she turned them off last night, so how did they get on?

She walks further into the kitchen and sees someone sitting at the kitchen table. When she gets closer, she can see who the figure is, and is quite surprised. 

"Jordyn?"

"Oh...hey Mama." The girls says as she looks up from her cereal. 

"What are you doing up so early?" Ash yawns.

"Just couldn't sleep to well last night." She simply answers. 

"Really...Why? You nervous for your election speech or something?" 

"No, I was just thinking about other things."

"I see..." Ash says while pulling up a chair. "...what other things?"

"I don't know, just about last night and stuff." 

"Okay...what's bothering you about it." 

"I don't really know...like I know I didn't do anything wrong, but it just seems like this family can't take a break from something crazy happening. I mean it's only been like 4 months and you and Mom almost got a divorce, Noah was adopted, Taylor tore her ACL, Bryce got his appendix out and Brendan was almost arrested..." 

"Brendan wasn't almost arrested...he was arrested." Ash chuckles, trying to make the mood a little lighter. 

"How are you gonna explain this to Mom? She's gonna get so mad at you, and things will be 100 times worse and then everything will be even more messed up." 

Ash grins at her daughter, she was always the most mature and responsible one, a heavy thinker for sure.

"Jordyn, you are a teenager, teenagers don't worry about this stuff...Just know that everything will be fine no matter what happens. Yes, Mom may be mad at me, but it would never result in a divorce or her leaving again. Please don't worry about this stuff. Live your life care free, like all stupid teens do..." 

Jordyn looks down at her now soggy bowl of cereal, fiddling with the spoon. "You're right...I'll leave all the worrying up to you. But that doesn't mean I'm still not worried about the future of this family." She adds while looking up at her mother.

"Why do you think that the future will be bad? Easter's in a couple of days, spring break vacation...Yea maybe your grandparents will bite my head off about everything that's been going on here but, you know what? I don't care...because you guys are my family. And I know that we will stick together no matter what. Your Mom and I love each other so much, and after all the years of  bringing all of us together, we would never ever rip it apart." 

A small grin comes across Jordyn's face. "I guess I never thought about it that way." 

"You think too much Jordy, just focus your time on something you actually enjoy." Ash chuckles as she moves one of her daughters wavy brown stray hair behind her ear. 

Jordyn grins as she pushes her bowl to the side. "Speaking of focusing, I should really practice my election speech some more, I still have a whole page to memorize." 

"Can Mom and I hear it later?" Ash asks as she watches Jordyn get up from her chair. 

"Yea..." She smiles as she grabs her laptop and walks into the living room.