Chapter 28: All The Days

Day 43

She hasn't made homemade cinnamon rolls since before her father's death. It was something she shared with him. He had been the one to teach her how to make them. Usually any home cooked meal would be provided by her mother, but making cinnamon rolls was the one thing her father knew how to do. His mother, her Nana, had taught him when he was a boy. When Spencer was seven, her father taught her.

It was something they did together that was fun. There weren't many things they did together out of pleasure. Most of the time it had some other ulterior motive involving winning and accomplishment, but not with the cinnamon rolls.

"I'm starving," her boyfriend groans, leaning against the fridge. She rolls her eyes at him, ignoring him. He hits his head against the fridge, "I need food."

She laughs, giving him an incredulous look before striding over to him. She places a hand on his cheek, giving him a coy look. "You'll survive," she pats his cheek, smiling.

He groans again, hitting his head against the fridge once more. She snickers some more before moving past him and unraveling her apron from around her waist. "They'll be done in twelve minutes," she states as she takes off her apron.

"Too long," he deems. She feels his hands wrap around her waist from behind. He is taking a break from hitting his fridge against the wall apparently.

She clasps her hands around his arms that encage her, smiling. "You're ridiculous."

His lips brush against her scalp for a moment. "Say that to my face, Hastings."

She smirks, turning around in his hold. Their eyes lock. "You're ridiculous," she clearly states with as much emphasis as she can muster.

He chuckles before pressing a chaste kiss to her lips.

"Isn't Caleb mad that you're spending your last remaining hours with me instead of him?" she inquires after the kiss.

He shrugs. "Probably."

She laughs, her fingers walking up his chest. They have been together since yesterday evening. They had gone out to dinner and to the movies, then back to her apartment. From there, their hands were incapable of keeping to themselves. They couldn't keep their hands off of each other for longer than five minutes.

"Well, I would say we should invite him over, but I'm greedy and selfish, and want you to myself," she murmurs in a soft, coy voice, her fingers branching up to his collarbone.

He grins, pressing another kiss to her lips. "I spent all day with Caleb yesterday. Well, until our date at least. Today I'm all yours," he promises in a whisper, his face only a centimeter from hers.

She grins before pulling at his shirt and bringing his lips to hers. This kiss is much more avid than the last. She shoves herself into him, taking any negative space between them away. She wishes she could savor these kisses. Keep them for when she dearly misses him. She tries, but she knows they will slip away as soon as their lips disconnect.

She sighs as he pulls away.

"I'm literally too hungry to make out. I'm sorry."

She guffaws, shaking her head in disbelief. "Okay...then."

He chuckles. "I promise that we can make out as long as you want once I have food inside me."

"Awh, how sweet," she purrs in a mocking way, cocking her head to the side.

He smirks. "Aren't I?"

She just offers a slight eye roll. "I have to make the icing. Excuse me."