Capter 3

I freeze in fear. Will my mate accept me? Will he reject me? Would it be better if he rejected me? I do the only thing I can. I run. Carly calls after me but I don't stop. Once I'm out of her sight I begin to run at inhuman speed using my vampire side. I make sure my scent is spread out so it's impossible to track. My house comes in view and I honestly have never felt more relief than I did in that moment. I go inside and lock all the doors. I shouldn't even have a mate yet. I think for a minute before texting Jeremy.

'Come to my house after school. It's important.' I hit send and wait.

'Will do arti, stay safe.' He resoponds. I sigh and sit on my couch. The ocean offers no calm for the storm in my mind. What am I going to do?  I turn on the tv to numb my mind. I zone out while I watch. I don't feel ready to even reveal who I am and I'm almost 18. If I had a mate than I would have to tell and they would probably reject me and spread my secret. The day goes by at a snails pace. I'm so scared I can hardly think of anything else. My mate consumes my thoughts. I want a happy ending but I grew up knowing that would never happen. Now I have a chance and I don't know what to do. I smell something at the door. It's different. 

'Mate' 

There's no way he could have found me.

"Hello my mate." He says. Tingles spread through my body as I turn. He smells vampire. Funny. I could have sworn he was a wolf back at the pack house. "You're a werewolf."

"No shit Sherlock." I say. I'm not trying to be rude but it just comes out that way. 

"Feisty like the filthy wolf you are." He says. His voice shocks me. I was expecting rejection but not so rude and not before I had told them that I was an omega. I swallow the lump in my throat. I won't cry.

"Let's get this over with. I, Saebial Sloven reject you....." He says.

"Artimis Greenwood"

"Artimis greenwood as my mate." He says, finishing the rejection. I can't help the shivers I get when he says my name and the urge to cry. I keep it in and smirk.

"Good." I say. "Now leave you scum."

He goes and I collapse on the couch. The one who was supposed to love me hates my guts and rejected me on first sight. I'm still hiding from everyone and on top of that the pack uses me as their personal slave. I would leave but luckas means to much to me. There is a knock at my door. I freeze. I choose to ignore it, getting comfortable again. I can't deal with people today. How did I get here? A few days ago no one knew I had my own place. I was normal. Now I realize I can never be and will never be normal. 

"Artimis?" Josh calls. I let out a sob and clutch my stomach. I can't breathe. My throat is closing up and tears consume me. "Artimis."

Arms wrap around me, pulling me into a body. Josh holds me as I sob. I've never been a tearful girl but I can't help it. My world has fallen apart in a matter of days. I take a breath trying to calm down.

"I'm okay." I say. Jeremy walks in and joins me and josh on the couch.

"What happened?" He asks.

"I found my mate." I say. "He rejected me at first sight because he was a vampires do he thought I was a werewolf"

"I'm so sorry." Jeremy says.

"I'm okay." I say again. 

"I came to let you guys know that we are hosting alphas of some nearby packs for the next three days. We are holding a party on Friday and luckas says he expects us there and looking nice." Jeremy says. I sigh.

"Make up some excuse for me, I don't want to go." I say. 

"I tried but he says you have to." Jeremy responds. I groan. This means work. Not only do I have to set up and plan the party but I have to attend as well and as it sounds I have to attend as a guest not a waitress. 

"You guys want to do something?" I ask. Jeremy looks at his hands. "What?"

"I kind of have a....date." He says. I smile. He must have found his mate.

"When did you find her?" I ask.

"She's not my mate. I've waited for a while so I decided I would go on a date with a human girl from town. She asked me out and I said yes." He says. My smile fades a little but I'm still happy for him.

"Fun!" I say. "You want to do anything josh?"

"I'd love to take you shopping!" He says. "I have a few human friends from school who promised to help you find a nice dress!"

"Cool! The mall?" I ask. I've never had friends much less money to go shopping with. I can't help being a little excited about this. 

"Yeah, my dad gave us some money and we are meeting them at the mall at five." He says. I smile.

"We should go then. Good luck on your date Jeremy!" I say before we go. We walk a ways to the driveway and garage I have. They a a little bit a ways away from my house so Im not bothered by a driveway in my little get away. I let josh in.

"Pick a car." I say. I have three. He picks a convertible with the top down. "You want to drive?"

"Can I?" He asks, I nod and he runs to the drivers side. I get in and he drives us to the mall. It's quite a ways away from my place but I don't mind the long ride and I don't think josh does either.  We reach the mall and walk in. I can tell which girls josh is friends with right away. One of them is wearing flannel and dark jeans while the other is earing a loose tank top over white jeans. They look like complete opposites.

"Hi!" The one in flannel says. "You must me Artemis! I'm alli and this is Lauren."

"I told you I like rose better!" Lauren says.

"Well I like Lauren better so that's what you'll be." Alli says. 

"Hi." I say. The drag me away after saying quick goodbyes to josh. We go to Victoria's Secret first which makes me blush but I get new bras and panties which I admit I look pretty hot in. We then head to a dress store in the mall and I smell something that makes my stomach drop out of my feet.

'Mate'

Goddamn I just can't get a break can I? I stear the girls into the nearest dress store so we can avoid any awkward encounters. 

"What kind of dress do you want?" Ali asks.

"Something classy but hot and something that will make me blend in but stand out a little." I say. Lauren raises her eyebrows.

"Can we do that." She asks Ali.

"Of course we can!" Ali says. Lauren gives Ali a quick kiss.

"And that's why I like you." She says. I smile to myself. They are just to cute. In the next hour I am thrown into dozens of desses each receiving negative comments from the couple. 

"I swear this is going to be the last one." Ali says to me from outside my dressing room. "If not we go to a different store."

I sigh and grab the dress she's putting over the door. It's black lace over red that hugs my curves. It looks perfect. I smile at my reflection and let my dark hair down out of its bun. It falls around my shoulders in waves. I actually like how I look for once. My body is tones from all the training but still muscular. My green eyes are practically glowing. I feel beautiful for once.

"Let us see!" Lauren calls, interrupting my thoughts. I smile and open the door. The girls gasp and  smile.

"Bingo." Ali says. "I knew it."

"Should we get josh?" Lauren asks.

"Of course." Ali says. They run off in search of josh. I sigh and admire myself in the larger mirror.

"Wow." A husky voice says behind me. I turn to see none other than my mate. Excuse me, ex-mate. 

"What are you doing?" I ask. "You rejected me. Why are you following me?"

"You took my rejection so well, I couldn't help but check to see how hurt you really were." He says, running a hand down my bare arm. I shrug him off.

"Leave me alone." I say.

"I was only going to see how you felt but now I realize how beautiful you are my little mate." He says. He grabs by chin and tilts my face up to look at him. And then he kisses me.