Chapter 1 - Just one moment

Začít od začátku

"That dress looks very beautiful!" Chat marveled to Marinette. She smiled at him and stood up to get it. She was very careful with how she picked it up, as there were threads hanging from it in all different places.

"Thanks," she said, smiling. "I don't know when I would ever wear it, but I just really wanted to make a formal dress. I'm going to sew this black ribbon here," She gestured to the waist of the dress, "And I am planning to line it with white fluff and I'm also going to -" She continued to describe every detail of the dress to him, complete or not. Chat smiled and noted how excited she was when she talked about her designs. She continued to take out a few fully dressed mannequins from her closet and talked about everything on them. He loved seeing her so happy, she never acted this way around him as Adrien. He smiled and listened eagerly and closely for what must have been about 20 minutes before she blushed suddenly, halfway through describing a black half-cut jacket.

"I'm so sorry! I've just been rambling on and I must be boring you to death!" she apologized, frowning. He just laughed and put his hand on her shoulder.

"I don't mind. I actually have been enjoying hearing you talk about your designs." He gently reassured her. She looked up from her feet and smiled softly at him.

"Thanks, Chat Noir," she said. "But enough about me and my designs" she let out a heart-warming giggle that he had never heard before from her, "How have you been? It must be so fun being a superhero!" She prompted. Chat smiled warmly, seeing that she genuinely wanted to talk about him.

"Yeah, I guess it is pretty cool. I get to soar above the rooftops on my staff and I get to meet so many new people as Chat Noir. Getting to work with Ladybug is definitely a plus as well" He laughed. A teasing glint appeared in his eye as he added "I certainly don't mind all the girls flocking after me." Marinette laughed as she listened to him pretend to be so cool around her. He certainly is the same Chat I work with, she thought to herself.

"What about your normal life. You know, behind the mask?" She asked warmly and welcomingly. "It's okay if you can't tell me" She added, seeing his startled look.

He thought about it for a moment, then he shook his head. "No, it's fine. Life has been... okay. At home, it's just me and my father, so it can get pretty lonely. I do, though, have a lot of friends at school" Marinette noted his wide grin that spread quickly across his face when he talked about his friends. "I do have this one friend, though, that I wonder if she even likes me or not," He paused for a minute, avoiding eye contact with Marinette. "She never talks to me, and whenever she does, it's not for very long. She always finds some kind of excuse to leave and she always runs away from me. I wish I knew why."

She nodded thoughtfully as she tried to figure out his situation. Little did she know, he was talking about her. "Tell me more about this friend." She requested.

He looked up at her and smiled. "Well, she seems very kind-hearted, oh and she's very talented. She's very artistic and absolutely amazing at what she does. She's also very smart! I don't think I've ever seen her get a bad grade." He said warmly. She nodded as she thought about it, then a realization struck.

"Chat, I think this girl likes you!" She laughed.

"Wha-What?" He stammered. That was the last thing he would have expected.

Marinette laughed even harder at this and said between breaths, "Wow! You're oblivious, aren't you!" Chat just stared at her with wide eyes and jaw dropped. Marinette calmed herself down enough to talk and she explained, "You said she's very shy around you but she's in your friend group. She runs away after talking to you. If you say that she even stutters around you-" He nodded, wondering how she knew. She laughed even harder "Wow, she's smitten!"