Chapter 5

I wake up alone in a cold bed, it takes me a minute to realise where I am as the last place I was, was in the bathroom but once I do I can't help but feel a little nervous, when will Xavier make me meet his pack? Will his pack like me? His pack was huge, how could I ever be a good enough Luna?

Pushing all the bad thoughts aside, I go to get changed when I realise these are the only clothes I have, I can't meet anyone like this, so I just sit on the bed staring at my shoes and fiddling with my fingers for the next 15 minutes.

Eventually Xavier walks in with a small bundle of clothes.

"I borrowed these from a pack member, they should fit you," He smiles lightly.

"Thanks," I whisper before gently taking them out of his hands and walking over to the bathroom.

The clothes are plain, a white top and black leggings with plain white panties, socks and a sports bra to match. 

I wash my face and brush through my hair the best I can with the little comb I found before slowly stepping back into the bedroom.

Xavier stares at me with nothing but excitement in his eyes which instantly makes me feel horrible because I don't think I'm ready to give up my entire life to love someone I just met, and he clearly is already onboard with it.

"Shall we?" He asks.

"Shall we what?" I question back.

"Meet your pack, Luna," he grins.

I nod silently, fiddling with my hair as I avoid eye-contact with him.

He stares at me in concern before saying, "are you ready? To meet the pack I mean, it's not the ceremony today, just meeting some important people like my parents, the former Alpha and Luna and my Beta and Delta."

His Beta and Delta, I remember them, and I think he notices my discomfort because he tells me that it's okay and they won't lay a finger on me because they are aware of my Luna status. I personally think they shouldn't lay hands on anyone Luna or not unless it's a threat.

"Okay let's go," I say firmly. Fake confidence is key, I tell myself.

Xavier smiles before taking my hand in his and practically skipping out the door with me.

"Xavier! Hello darling! I haven't seen you in what seems like forever, you never come see me anymore!" An older looking woman exclaims hugging Xavier tightly, her prestigious accent shocks me as it sounded nothing like Xavier's accent.

"Hello mother, lovely to see you again," Xavier grins hugging his mother back.

"Hello Xavier, who is this young lady?" a man, his father I'm guessing, asks while staring at me.

"Mother and father I would like you to meet my mate, Elizabeth." He states proudly.

"Oh my, she is beautiful! Hello dear I am Katherine and this is my husband Jonathan!" She smiles warmly making me feel at home.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you Elizabeth," Jonathan responds.

"It's lovely to meet you both, thank you for making me feel so welcomed," I smile softly.

"Let's go and meet Lucas and Ethan," Xavier says, becoming restless already.

"Goodbye!" I call over to Xavier's parents as we walk away.

My mate walks into a large room with a gigantic mahogany table with chairs to match. The 2 men I unfortunately recognise stand up and walk over to us both.

"Alpha, Luna." They both say while bowing their heads slightly.

I just curtly nod my head as Xavier greets them warmly, hugging them tightly.

"Elizabeth, this is Ethan my Beta and Lucas my Delta, they have been my closest friends since I was a kid."

"Luna we greatly apologise of our first impressions with you, we both hope you can find a way to forgive us," Ethan claims apologetically.

"I forgive you, but I am curious as to how the rogues on your land are treated, where are your dungeons?" I ask, staring at them both.

"They are just around the-," the Beta says as Xavier cuts him off saying, "absolutely not."

I sharply turn around to face him.

"Why not? I am technically the Luna." I fold my arms over my chest.

"But it's too dangerous," I can tell he has many excuses up his sleeve.

"I will be perfectly safe with your Beta or Delta," I argue stubbornly.

He opens his mouth to argue but I stare at him hard, so instead he bargains with me, "20 minutes, starting now."

"But I am coming with you, with Lucas while Ethan checks on the patrol guards."

"Deal." I mumble.