Aiden blinked twice. "So what happened afterwards?"

"She ended up having to buy them and that did not make her happy." Malia picked up a light pair of boot cut jeans and held them up to her hips. "I like these."

Leaving Aiden, Malia went to get a dressing room. Aiden, sighing deeply, slumped and leaned onto the rack of jeans. I should've stayed at the gallery, she thought.

"Aiden Jean?"

Aiden turned at the call of her name to see her sisters standing behind her. Jenna was standing directly in front of her with Everett, looking at some shirts, just a few steps behind Jenna.

"Yes, Jenny?"

"Hi."

"Hello."

"Where'd you run off to this morning?"

"Pardon me, but I don't think that's any of your concern," Aiden quipped, stepping around Jenna to hug her favorite sister. Aiden jumped onto Everett, making her stumble backwards.

"Aiden Jean!" Everett scorned. "Get off of me!"

Aiden obliged after giving Everett a kiss on her lips and Everett glared at Aiden.

"So, Eve," Jenna spoke, "our little AJ is keeping secrets from us. I asked her where she went this morning and she told me it wasn't any of my concern. Maybe you can get her to tell you where she was."

"First off, I am still standing here Jenna Nicole. Second, do you call yourself tattletaling on me to Everett? What the hell is she gonna do? Ground me?" Aiden sneered.

Jenna was prepared to reply when Everett stepped between the two of her sister. "You guys, please, don't argue in public. Not only is it embarrassing but it is also un-ladylike."

Out the corner of her eye, Aiden seen Malia exit the dressing room with her jeans in hands. She was relieved when she saw the Latina get in line for check out.

"I'll be leaving now," Aiden informed them, "See you two at home."

She did a speedy walk to Malia and as soon as the Latina saw her, she started talking again. Aiden toned her out.

After Malia bought the jeans, they headed to the pizzeria in the loud food center of the mall to get Malia's grandfather a pizza. As they stood in line at the pizzeria, Aiden's eyes scanned the area and landed on one particular man in a suit holding the hand of a little girl, who was busy lapping away at an ice cream cone, standing in front of a Chinese restaurant.

Aiden smiled.

"Malia," Aiden injected in the girl's ranting, "I see someone I know and I'm just gonna go talk to them. Uhm, you don't have to give me a ride back. I'll just go with them."

"Oh, okay. You sure you'll be okay?"

"I'm positive. This was...fun. We should do this again sometime. Maybe when you're not the only one with money?"

"Cierto, definitely." Malia agreed.

By the time Aiden had sauntered over to the restaurant, Knox was concluding his order of shrimp fried rice and two eggs rolls at the register.

"Will that be all for you?" The employee checked.

"Yeah-" Knox began to answer when Aiden chimed in. "Actually, could you add a order of beef and broccoli, with fried rice, and a Pepsi? Oh, and another egg roll too?" The employee nodded.

"Hi, snowflake!" Koco greeted. Aiden grinned at the little girl.

Knox paid for the food and the employee handed him the bag of greasy goodness. Knox gave Aiden her lunch. As they walked off to a table, she pinched his cheek. "Thank you, Reid. You're a keeper."