Chapter 15

I run across the remainder of the road and up to the outside of the store. I ready my bat and look in through the broken glass. I can't see any movement. I slowly walk up to the door and open it. I wince a bit at the bell ringing. I look around again, and still I see nothing moves. I shut the door again and back up slightly. I turn and look at my surroundings and then back at the broken store in front of me.

I think back to how many times I've went I to that store. Sometimes to buy candy or chips or sometimes just to hang out with friends. All memories that were fake. I shake that thought away and try to focus on the fact that I have to save my sister. My sister that is 100% real and needs my help.

I can't take the chance of getting caught by another monster, I can't die now, I've come too far. I look down and grab a sizeable rock and throw it through the broken out window. I hits with a good thump and I listen for any sort of movement. I wait and wait but I don't hear anything. I figure it must be safe. I slowly open the door again and walk in. I see almost all the shelves are knocked over, the contents spilled everywhere on the floor. I grab myself a couple granola bars and put them in my back pocket and try to look for something better than a bseball bat for protection.

I go behind the counter and find just what I need. A small handgun that the owner used to use to scare away burgalars. I also find the extra pack of bullets and put them in my other back pocket. I make sure its fully loaded and then head out of the store to find what has happened to everyone and why my father has put me here when a something jumps out and tackles me to the ground. I manage to flip myself over and see just who it was right before they grabbed the gun and turned it on me. My good old friend Holly.