Chapter 4

"Kira, I don't know if you should go out there." Holly said, chasing after Kira. After all we just said, Kira wants to go outside. I think she's looking for trouble. I don't care what either of them say, I know for a fact that somethings going on, and I'm not risking my life because of there idiotic actions.

I close my eyes and stand still for a second. What the hell is happening to me? First the dark thoughts, and now I am thinking of leaving my friends to die. My eyes shoot open when I realise I can't hear them anymore. I could have ran after them and got them to stop, we could have been safe, but now I could be the reason they aren't coming back. I run down the hall, thankfully not seeing any sign of them, which is also my biggest fear.

I reach the end of the hallway and look out the steamed up glass of the front door. I can barely see anything. I don't want to open the door and risk my own saftey when they might not even be out there. I think about what they would do if it was me, although they wouldn't think much of it, they're not to bright. I strain again trying to see out the glass, usually so clear and shiny, now just dirty and full of steam. I reach my hand up to open the door. I close my eyes and let out a small sigh, thinking that this could be my last moment to live and decide to go for it. I open my eyes and start to push on the door when I hear a blood curdling scream. My heart pumps fast and I try to open the door to no avail. Something, someone, hits it and pushes it shut. I try desperately to open it, but the small body is blocking the only exit.

My mind runs fast and I worry. The only person small enough to fit the size of the gardian holding the door shut, was my bestfriend, Holly. My eyes water thinking of her small, fragile body laying on the ground, lifeless. I can't believe I couldn't, no didn't, save her. I had all the chances in the world and I didn't stop her. I could only imagine what she would be saying to me, asking me over and over again, why? Why hadn't I saved her when I clearly had the chance? Why hadn't I stopped her? Why had I not told her how much she had meant to me before she was already gone?

The only thing that kept me from completely breaking down was the thought of her killer. They had to pay for killing my best friend. They had to pay for taking away such a beautiful young girl. Nothing that they ever do will make up for this. Nothing.

A worrisome thought crosses my mind. What if it was Kira? She was the only one that I know of that would have harmed anyone at this point. If it was her, then it would have been my fault. No, not my, this things fault. I can't associate myself with it, or I think I'll lose my mind. I think I'm already losing my mind. I don't know how long I can go on knowing that my best friends death, was all my fault.