Archie xReader - Best Friends Boyfriend (Requested)

Comenzar desde el principio

"What happens?"

"Oh, right, anything. Sometimes it stays that exact way and the crusher finds someone better, usually hotter internally or externally or even both but, they find a person that treats them like a princess, ooooh some of them have the best fried and crushee have like a oh shit moment and realise that they don't like the other with the new boyfriend and want them instead. When I see those I'm like dude, you had your chance you chose fancy rich girl strutting around like she's a queen than instead of the right one. Who is like a real Queen the queen of your heart. You know she's gonna be more happy than your sorry ass.

Then sometimes it's a happy ending where the crush realises and makes things right .... wait why do you want to know?" you stopped short again.

"Oh just wondering....for a friend. Yeah, he has this girlfriend who he likes a lot but then he has this best friend who he's known like forever and thinks he might have more stronger feelings for her or something like that."

" Oh right."

"So what could i tell...my...friend." you thought for a moment.

"Well if your friend is having doubts about his relationship, then the grown up thing to do would not mess her around. Trust me when us girls are messed around with...hell have no fury like a woman scorned. It might take ages but it will bite them on the but. My advice, talk to the girlfriend be clear about where his heart is. They will earn a lot more respect and understanding if he talks to her."

"And with the best friend?"

"What is difficult for some boys is putting it out there and not having pride or ego in the way. Talk to the friend it will be hell scary but at least if he does and she says no then he can...move on. What really sucks is the what ifs and sometimes in the movies the what ifs are what always stay in the way. Excuse me." You ran off realising that you had said and it's what you should do.

Later on you were sat alone on the school bleachers when someone sat next to you, you looked up to see Archie dropping his bag by his feet.

"Emma, we need to talk."

"If you want more advice, I'm not in the mood, go away." you mutter.

"I broke up with Veronica." You turned your head so fast towards him it could have cause whiplash.

"You what?"

"I ended things with her. She took it really well." he cleared his throat them made you turn o him fully.

"Why did you break up with her?"

"Because of you, what you said earlier about being respectful to her if I can't be sure it's her I really want."

"Archie, I'm sorry I didn't mean to..."

"It's not your fault, Emma. in fact there is no best friend. The friend was actually me and even though you're going out with Fangs i thought it was only fair and that I man up and tell you how I really feel. I have feelings for you Emma. i love the way when you have ice cream and the first spoonful you have your nose twitches at the coldness. I love how you wander off into your own little world coming down the corridor just staring at the random things you see. I find it unbelievably cute how you just start singing out of the blue like no one is there.

I hate it when you walk into a room and you look like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders. I just make me want to pick you up and take you away from it all." your mouth dropped open. The two of you sat there in silence for a moment.

"Say something" he said

"Why do you think me and Fangs are dating?" you randomly question.

"Out of everything I said, you ask that? And because of the concert, he called you his girl."

"Fangs is a harmless flirt who loves the same band as me, that and he has got a girlfriend."

"Emma, i basically i just admitted that I'm basically in love with you or as close as right now."

"I'm just saying a boy and girl can be friends without anything like that going on." you shrug

"Fine so your dating Fangs, i get it."

"Good. Now that's sorted. I like you too, more than a friend" you told him,the smile that appeared on his face, could out do the sun.

"You do?"

"Yeah, I wish I could have taken my own advice and told you but, you were dating Veronica, so. And even now i'm still made, she knew I like you but still dated you, I would slap but she's a Lodge and they are kind of scary, like seriously they have these looks." he kissed you , making you stop talking and your eyes fluttered shut and kissed him back.

when he pulled away he had the brightest smile.

"i have waited ages to know what that felt like." you whisper

"And?"

"Defiantly worth the wait." you giggle slightly and then you look at him "Archie."

"Yeah."

"Whatever this is, can we take it slowly, you just got out of a relationship and i don't want Veronica coming after me with her Lodge claws." he chuckled

"Okay. but you know she's not that bad."

"she dated you knowing that I had a crush on you, that's not best friend material." you point out.

"fair point"

Hope you like it