Chapter 17

Kara went inside the cafe and found Alex and Sam sitting by the window. She pulled a chair and sigh as she sat down.

"Hey, Sis. Why the long face?" Alex asked.

"I thought you're bringing Lena?" said Sam.

"She's on a date."

"Oh...that explains it." Sam shakes her head.

"What do you mean..."

"Someone's jealous." Alex teased.

"I'm not jealous..."

"Hmmm." the two looked at each other and laughed.

"It's not funny!'

"Okay...okay..."

The two kept quiet.

"Fuck it. I don't want to be attached but, I already am okay? She's my friend and she doesn't know that I like her. Yes, I like Lena, satisfied?"

"So what's keeping you?"

"Aren't you listening. She's my friend. She only sees me as a friend."

"And Monel?"

"I'm confused.." Kara stared and held the cup of coffee in front of her.

"Do you like him at all?" Sam asked.

"He is nice to me. He takes good care of me."

"But?"

"Believe me when I say this, I did like him. But, when our hand's touch, nothing. Kissing him was weird. Everything felt so wrong and I don't want to be unfair.

"And Lena?"

Kara sighed. "She made me feel safe. She makes me.... happy. When she holds my hand, there's this unbelievable electricity that travels to my chest. Every time she hugs me, it felt so warm. She's the only one who made me feel-----This. But let's face, she doesn't feel the same way about me. Not now, not ever.

"I wouldn't be sure about that," Alex said.

"What do you mean?"

"Lena likes you, Kara. And when I say like, she likes like you."

"I doubt that."

"Sweetie, you need to talk about this with Lena."

"Even if she likes me, it's too late. She's with Villanelle now."

"So your just gonna pretend is it? Is that your plan?"

"I don't have a plan, I'm happy if she's happy.."

"Hmmm... Good luck with that. I don't want to see you hurt, but I think you should tell Lena how you feel about her. She deserves to know it."

"It's not easy Alex. You out of all people know that. Telling Lena how I feel for her might destroy what we have."

"But isn't it worth it? Isn't she worth it?"

Kara bites her lips because she already knows the answer to Sam's question.