Set Up

Chapter 11: Set Up

(Back to) Luke’s POV

Why does this street look familiar? I've seen all this before, but where?

I know. I saw it, last night. On my date with Alexis. This is just getting weird; why would Sasha tell me her address, was Alexis'? I look down at the address Sasha gave me, I realize something: It's the same one as Alexis. This better not be Sasha’s' way to hook us up. We really need to work on this Science Project.

Knock Knock Knock

As I knocked on what is supposed to be Sasha's house, but is really Alexis's, I couldn't help but thin-.

"Luke?" I whip around and see Alexis standing before me.

"I was looking for Sasha. Were supposed to be working on a Science Project, but when I asked where she lived she gave me your address. Sorry. I'll text you later." I turn around to go when Alexis grabs my arm and speaks.

"Wait. No, Sasha lives here."

"She does?" I say as Alexis lets me in.

"Yes. She's my-"She was cut off by Sasha coming down the stairs.

"Luke! I'm glad you found...." She trails off when she sees my HIGHLY confused face.

"Can one of you explain what I'm missing please?" I ask.

"I will." Says Alexis. "Sasha is my adoptive sister."

Adoptive Sister? When did this happen? They look related, though. "Huh? But you two look so alike."

"Yeah, we know. That's why only few people know. They just assume were best friends since were always together. Well, we are best friends but were also sisters. I hope you're not mad." Sasha says.

"Well I can't be mad. How could I be? And I think that's kind of cool."

"Good. Now I would love to spend all day here, but we do have a science project due Friday." Sasha says.

"Yeah, we better go do that." I say.

"C'mon our room is this way." Sasha says.

But I notice Alexis follow too. Surely she can trust me, I'm not gonna put a move on her sister for god sake! Then I got it. "Our". Sasha said 'our', so she must have meant her and Alexis share a room. That just makes this all the more awkward. As I follow Sasha up the stairs I say, "So you both share a room?" It was supposed to be a statement since I already figured that out, but it came out as a question.

"Yeah" they say in unison.

Next thing I know were standing at the top of the stairs, and there are half a dozen frames lining the hallway. All ranging from pictures of young kids in middle school, to some baby pictures. Sasha enters a room on my right and I'm enveloped in a purple and silver room. It’s as big as a master. Has two twin beds on opposite sides of the room. Both have a purple comforter with a silver pattern. Sasha's has a silver daisy on it. While I assume Alexis's has a rose on hers. The wall behind the beds is a gray paint, but I can tell it's supposed to be silver. While the other walls are purple. They both have a desk at the end of their beds. It reminds of the pictures I've seen of college dorms. Two beds, two closets, one bathroom, and a shelf. Alexis's bed is on the opposite side of the room and closest to the window. Interesting. I’m keeping that in mind.

"Well shall we get started?" Sasha asks intruding my thoughts.

"Yeah sure." Sasha goes to sit at her desk, so I take the bed. I know, a player just goes and takes the bed. Well, I'm not seeing anywhere else, so why not?

After about 3 hours of working on our project we're only halfway done. Just when I'm about to ask Sasha if I can come back over tomorrow, her mom comes up.

"Luke, would you like to stay for dinner?" I look at the clock and sure enough the clock read 6:00 PM.

"I would love to Mrs. Walker." I say.

"Good, good. Dinner will be ready in just a few minutes." And with that she leaves.

"Luke?"

"Yes Sasha?"

"Do you really like Alexis?" She inquires.

"Yes, why?"

She stays quiet for a minute. "I know." she simply states softly.

"You know what?" I ask.

"About your website."

Shit.