Chapter 4

Love At First Sight?

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and add my story to your reading list! ^^

-❃❃❃-

Kai's POV

The sound of plates clashing against each other woke me up. I smell the air, and surprisingly, it smells like pancakes? I'm guessing that Tracy's making breakfast.

I turn to the bedside table and grab my phone as I check the time.

8:03 AM. Hm, really early for a Saturday morning!

I swung my legs to the side of the bed, putting my feet on the ground. I did a few stretches since my body felt really sore. After, I opened the room door to reveal Tracy, in the kitchen cooking pancakes. I walk over, more closer to her, and sat down at the table that's near us.

"Oh Kai, good you're awake! I thought you would never wake up," Tracy exclaims, placing a stack of pancakes on a huge plate, in front of me. She passes me a butter knife and a fork. "Here you go! Eat up!"

I smile, "Gosh, Trace. Thank you so much, you honestly didn't have to..."

"Kai, stop it. Like I said, I would do anything just for you!" She sits down in front of me, serving herself a plate full of stacked pancakes. "Now eat up, or your pancakes will get cold if you don't touch them!"

I grinned at her words. In so many ways, Tracy reminds me of a nagging mom. Not in a bad way, but in a good way, you know?

I grab the bottle of maple syrup, (100% Canadian, hehe) opened the cap, and poured myself some good ol' maple syrup for my delicious, mouth watering pancakes!

***

After I finished my pancakes, which made me really full, I thanked Tracy for the pancakes, and as well as allowing me to stay overnight in her bedroom.

She was sad to see me leave, because it was the first time I've seen her in a year! I told her I had to leave, since I was moving rooms, meaning that I won't be staying with Axel anymore. Being the understandable person she is, she understood my situation and bid me goodbye. I promised her that we would meet up again, her eyes became excited and cheerful again. I smiled at that.

I decided to take the bus back to the hotel, since it was still early and I wasn't really in the mood to take a taxi. I needed to save money too, so the bus is my only option for now.

I got off the bus at a stop where the hotel is really close by. My phone vibrated, and it turns out I got a text from Tracy, asking if I got home safely or not. I sat down on the bench, and replied to her texts.

?'s POV

I finally arrived at the bus stop, to catch a bus going to my University's campus. I had to go to my parents' house to pick up some important documents they signed for me a few days ago.

I see that the bench is taken by someone else, so I decide to lean on the pole next to the bench.

I took a side glance over to the stranger next to me. I could see that he's texting away on his phone!

A few seconds later, he gets up to leave.

In the corner of my eye, I notice a black leather wallet, laying on the bench independently. It must be that man's wallet!