Love will tear us apart

Liam, a young man in his twenties, got up on this grey morning and grab quickly a cinnamon roll that his boyfriend Zayn baked for him. He left for work, in his suit and tie. He's an assistant manager in his father company, building houses and selling them.

Zayn was teaching art in some private college. They met up in the coffee shop Liam used to go and from one thing to another, they started to get along and eventually shared a flat together.

Months later, the routine was hitting them up and their differences clashed too. Liam was a quiet guy, working hard to succeed in life and caring about the people around. Zayn was obviously less serious, more extravagant, being as artistic as he could, trying to help his students getting the best creative input from his lessons.

Zayn wanted to be there for Liam, encourage him to take the full power in his father company, but for Liam, the ambition level was at his lowest. The tall brown-eyed, just wanted to get a quiet easy life, not complicated as if he had some higher position as a job. Sometimes, Zayn and him argued often about that. Zayn knew Liam had better potential than just being an assistant.

On this grey morning, Liam wouldn't expected that this could be the beginning of the end. Chaos, love and hate all entertwined together as one.

He walked to the office and opened the door, greeting everyone around as usual. He sat down with the dark coffee he bought earlier at the shop just around the corner. He studied his files,trying to sort out all the deadlines for new housing projects. He knew in his mind that it should be the longest day ever, with all the contracts to fill out and convincing future buyers. He was so busy that he completely forgot about his lunchtime with Zayn. His phone rang and he picked up at the first ring.

-Babe, you're late! Zayn said.

-sorry, i really can't make it. I have so much work to do, I'll try my best to be there early tonight to cook you some amazing dinner love, answered Liam.

-Well, forget that, I have to go meet some people tonight, I want to show my art to some galleries, but of course you don't remember, replied Zayn, with  some sarcasm.

- Please babe, it's not my bloody fault, I have a deadline for this project and we are shortstaffed, I don't want to argue with you on the phone. I'll wait for you tonight then. We really need to talk love, told Liam to his boyfriend while hunging up, sighing.

Zayn was feeling something was going on with Liam, but he didn't know what exactly. Did he still love him? Did the soulmates relationship disappeared suddenly? He felt like a hole in his heart but felt scared to let Liam know about it. He saw the distance coming up between them. The routine bites them hard, because of his high ambition and his boyfriend low profile career. Liam didn't have any ambition really, he just worked hard and his absence was making Zayn so angry and sad at the same time.

He ordered some food to kill the time now he confirmed he would be alone again today. Zayn read his messages, scrolling through his phone and noticed he had a message from his best friend, Matthew. It's been a while he haven't seen him. Since he was in his relationship with Liam, he hadn't spent lot of time with his old friends, being with his boyfriend or working on his projects most of the time.

Zayn texted him back and invited him to come at the gallery later. He finished his plate, paid the bill and got outside in the chilly weather. He zipped his black leather jacket and wandered around, breathing some fresh air to relax before getting ready for his meetings. His art event tonight could be the big change in his life. He wished Liam would be there to support him, but definitely it won't happen.