Chapter 60 - At the Hospital

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I'm sorry." He said.

"Can you just leave me alone?" I asked quietly, not looking at him. "Please?" I added annoyingly, looking at him. 

"Alright." He said quietly as he left. "I'll be in the living room if you need anything." He added.

***

The next couple hours went by slowly. Luis brought me to our bedroom and I changed into more comfortable clothes. I wanted to be left alone so I binge watched some Netflix. I knew if I started looking at emails, I would want to go back to work or do some sort of work, so I kept myself occupied. I slept a lot throughout the day. Luis gave me my space and stayed downstairs.

When it was nighttime, he came up to our bed and went to sleep. I tried sleeping, but woke up craving ice cream. I knew there wasn't anymore ice cream downstairs, and even if there was I didn't want to risk moving. I sighed and shook Luis awake.

"Luis?" I asked quietly.

"Hm?" He asked, still asleep.

"Wake up." I said to him a little louder.

"I'm up. What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"Can you run to the store, I'm craving ice cream." I said to him.

"It's...." He looked at his phone. "2 o'clock in the morning." He defended, as he slowly became more awake.

"I know, but I'm really craving it." I said. "Unless... you want me to go?" I asked, knowing his answer would be no.

"No, I'll go. You're on bed rest." He said, as he got up. He began rubbing his eyes and stretching so he'd be more awake. He put on a hoodie and took his wallet, phone, and keys. "I'll be back." He said as he kissed me goodbye.

Twenty minutes later, Luis came back with three bags filled of pint sized ice creams. "Why'd you buy so much?!" I asked, laughing.

"I didn't know what flavor you wanted, so I got them all. Mint chocolate chip, rocky road, strawberry." He said.

"Why didn't you call me?" I asked, as I laughed.

"Babe, I literally drove to the store half asleep. I was lucky to even find a store open at 2 a.m." He said to me, which made me crack up even more. He gave me all the ice creams he got and put some on the nightstand, and gave me a huge spoon.

"I love you." I said to him, as I ate my various assortments of ice cream in bed.

"Me too." He mumbled as he tried going back to sleep. 

***
"Alright, let's take a look at your baby." The doctor said. It had been two days since I had fallen and I was well rested. Luis held my hand as my doctor used the wand and searched for the baby. We finally saw our little baby on the ultrasound tv. "Your baby seems very healthy." She reassured.

"Thank God." I said as I kissed Luis' hand.

"Mrs. Jones, you do need to be more careful at work. I understand you want to work, but remember that you are pregnant. From now on, no lifting anything. If you hurt yourself again, you'll have to be put on bed rest until your delivery." She said.

"Okay." I said to her.

"Now, do you two want to know the sex of your baby?" She asked us.

"Yes!" We said in unison. Hailey was right, there was no way I could wait all nine months.

"I'm sure you're dying to know if it's a boy or girl that's been keeping you up all night kicking you." She joked.

"Actually, I haven't felt any kicking yet." I said to her.