Chapter 60 - At the Hospital

Start from the beginning

"You could have miscarried!" He exclaimed. Water began forming at my eyes, ready to drop. "Why don't you understand that you can't work as hard as you used to? You don't eat, you don't sleep, you're picking up fifty pound boxes, for your stupid job? Your job doesn't matter, it's not just you anymore, it's you and our baby! Whatever you do effects our baby inside your stomach!" He whisper yelled.

"I don't need a lecture." Was all I said.

"You think I'm lecturing you?! This baby is ours! And you're making it seem like it doesn't matter if you're stressed out because work always seems to come first over the well being of our child! What kind of mother does that to their child?!" He yelled.

"Get out of my room." I said sternly, tears streaming my face. He didn't move. I turned my back towards him and covered myself with the sheets. "I want you to leave. Or I'll call for the nurse." I said. I then heard his footsteps and the door shutting.

***

"Mrs. Jones?" A woman's voice awoken me from my slumber. I looked around, I was still in the hospital. I looked over to see a nurse with a clipboard, touching me.

"What am I still doing here?" I asked.

"We were going to discharge you, but you fell asleep. Your husband insisted on keeping you overnight and let you rest." She explained. When she said husband, instantly the memory of our fight came rushing back in.

"Where is he?" I asked all groggily. My mouth was dry and I was really cold.

"He slept by you last night, but he said something about going home and getting some things." She said. "But anyway, you're ready for discharge. Just, strict bed rest for the next thirty hours." She said, and I nodded as she left. I stretched over and grabbed my phone and dialed Luis' number.

"Hey, you woke up?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I said groggily.

"I'm parking right now." He said.

"Okay bye." I said to him, and hung up. I wasn't ready to talk to him. Five minutes later he came in and helped me onto a wheelchair. He wheeled me out of my room, out into the hallway and into the car. He picked me up and placed me into the passenger seat.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me as he hopped in and put on his seatbelt. I only nodded and he went to a restaurant and ordered some breakfast for me and him. "It's a ten minute wait." He said to me, and I nodded at him.

I did not want to talk to him. I was beyond pissed at him. All the things that he said to me last night were uncalled for! Of course I knew I and the baby could have been seriously hurt, but regardless a little bit of care from my husband was all I needed. 

My thoughts were racing during those ten minutes in the car with my husband. He didn't speak and neither did I. After the ten minutes slowly passed, he went inside and got our food and came back in the car. We then drove home, and he helped me out the car and into the house. He put me down by the dining table and and gave me my food. I ate in silence.

"How's your food?" He asked me, trying to make small talk.

"Good." I simply said.

"How's your back?" He asked me.

"Good." I said.

"You know you have to talk to me at some point." He said.

"You know, I really don't have to talk to you. You crossed the line last night, and I just need some time alone." I said to him.

"But did I? Did I really? I mean it's about our baby and-"

I slammed my fist on the table. "Just shut up about it, okay?!" I snapped as I looked at him. My body was shaking from all the anger and tears had already began to roll down my cheeks.