How Halloween Ended

Honey

I couldn't sleep... I just couldn't... I still couldn't put up with the fact that this girl who had also worn as Frankenstein's bride was... Krystal.

''Oh, Honey! We look almost the same!'' Krystal's eyes widened. I was standing like I was frozen by Medusa's cold look. ''I really like your dress. It has such beautiful curves. Where did you get it?''

''You're his best friend?'' I said, not paying enough attention to answer her question.

''Yeah... Didn't he tell you?'' She averted her gaze towards L.

''He did mention something about his friend but he didn't say your name and I really didn't expect you to be his bestie...''

Krystal wrinkled her nose suspiciously at L. After that, she shook her head and closed her eyes.

''I'm very disappointed in you.'' She tsked while L was looking at us both. ''You didn't tell me that you know Honey for a long time now. What kind of friend are you?''

''Yeah. You didn't inform me about Krystal, either.'' I crossed my arms.

''Yeah. You also didn't say you know Honey.'' L protested, wrinkling his nose at Krystal. And the two of them stared at each other intensively. It was kind of awkward. I stared at both of them, asking myself if they were going to stop peering at one another soon.

''Anyway.'' Krystal turned her gaze to me. ''We should hang out sometime.'' She intertwined hands with L. Somehow, I wasn't satisfied with that. Sure, they were best buddies but why did I have that feeling of inconvenience around them?

''Sure.'' I nodded. Was I really going to spend time with them? I'm not fully sure.

''Great. Let's dance, Myungsoo!'' Krystal pulled him to her. We could hear a very addicting remix. My body moved with the rhythm but it wasn't shown to L and Krystal. ''Honey, you wanna join us?''

It wasn't the moment to stay with L after the happening. I needed to shake it off from my consciousness.

''No, thanks. I have to find my friend. You two go dance and have fun.''

''OK, then. See you later.'' L softly told me and waved while both of them walked away to the dance floor.

It was time to seek Suzy. I intended to go out from the hall when I came across my girl friend at the door. She widened her eyes, surprised by my presence in front of her. Her eyes were long swollen. I could see her make-up ruined even more as the eyeliner spread across her face like Nile's deltas. She attempted to run away but I prevented that by grabbing her hand.

''We need to talk,'' I whispered.

''There isn't anything to say to each other. I already know.''

''We can't just let things to be like this forever.'' Despite my statement, Suzy turned around and started walking away slowly. I followed her behind. ''Look, I didn't tell you because I was afraid you won't be friends with me anymore. Even I didn't know he liked me that much. Our friendship is not less important.''

She stopped pacing.

''Why do you think I let you ask him out? Instead, it should have been me in your place. But I resisted saying anything about him and me because my best friends are my first priority. Nonetheless, I kissed him without thinking and without knowing your presence. I also broke your heart.'' I cried out everything from my mind to her. No movement from Suzy at all. ''But you know what? It doesn't matter now.'' That made her turn around in bewilderment. I laughed half-heartedly. ''He seems to be a little selfish when I tried to explain that you and Sungjong are more of a matter to me than him. And, guess what? He went to his best friend and now they're on the dance floor, laughing, chatting. I see why he came to her. She's more beautiful than I am. He understands her more; my personality is not tolerable. Why didn't he date her instead?'' I paused and intertwined my fingers. ''I lost hope in him. However, if I lose him, at least I have you and Catfish. Or I have already betrayed you so deeply that you don't trust me anymore.''