Chapter 7

I don't know exactly what you're expecting here. Alright, I'll give you something. Wait.......let me think...Oh, how about a surprise? I got lost again. I have no idea why this place is such a maze. I think I got out of the place I used to be in just fine. Well, so, what should I do now? I need to draw a fucking map of this place or something, god damn.........

"Do you need any help, Alice?" I jumped. Max, you son of a bitch. 

"Yeah, I might, thanks." I sneered. "And don't you dare scare me like that again!" I shouted. He just laughed. 

"Well, looks like these walls are serving their purpose!" He said, looking around himself. 

"Their 'purpose'?" I asked him. 

"Have you ever wondered why this place is such a maze?" Well no shit. 

"I dunno. Either there's an actual deep story, or the architect was just fucking wasted." A joke? Nope. I'd actually bet money on that. Max laughed again. 

"Well, no, as far as I know, there weren't any wasted people behind the architecture of this building. No, this building is just pretty old." Aha. Got it. Those old people, eh? Always mess things up............."And they knew that sometimes, a batshit crazy person would figure out a way to get out of his cell, so here's what they thought: 'Well, if he gets out of the room, then we need to figure out how to stop them from getting any further!' So, they made the place the fucking labyrinth!" 

Hurray! The people from the olden ages had some brains in their heads after all! Did the smart people stay safe while all the idiots went off to fight Hitler? 

"And do you want to know what hell I had to go through to fucking learn how to find my fucking way here? I don't think so, no, you don't want to listen to a crazy person ranting, it really is annoying as fuck, because sometimes David gets bipolar as shit and from wanting to commit mass murder to needing a shoulder to cry on like a hysterical fifteen-year-old he can feel basically anything." Oh wow. I just learned way more than I should. Oh, god, someone shut this guy off.........

"So, could you lead me to where I want to go?" I asked him, trying to sound polite enough. 

"Well, it depends. Where do you want to go?" He asked, looking me right in the eyes. He's right......where doI want to go? I could stay here and -- Alice, no! You can't stay here! At some point, you'll snap and kill David! And then, there's a good chance that at least one of these people will fucking kill you! So, make a choice: Live like shit with an insane murderer whom you can't stand and will eventually kill, or just go free. Most likely, your records were destroyed in the explosion. You can live a new life. Think. Ok, voice, you can't just interr-- Yes I can. OK YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK OFF! Nope. Going insane has a whole package deal. Alright, fine, and yes, I will leave. Thanks for the MAGNIFICENT idea.

"I want to get out. What else?" Max snorted. "That took a while. Also, nope, no can do." 

"What? You just said--" 

"I said that my help depends on where you want to go. I won't help you get out. It's something you'd regret doing." Regret? Oh, come on. I wouldn't regret leaving. I can't take this shit.

 "Alright! Fine! See if I care! I'll just find my own way out!" I screamed, and turned around to leave. He put a hand on my shoulder. 

"Alice, if you stay, you can learn a few things you'd want to know." Oh really? 

Without turning back to face him, I simply replied "Oh, yeah? Tell me exactly what I could learn from here."

"Oh, I don't know, maybe what happened to your father?"