When I crossed the hall and entered the pathway to my hall I quickly heard some weird noises. Clanking and tapping. I was on high alert now and I whipped my head around the corner and immediately retreated when I saw a large man in dark black crouched near my door with tools. I looked again and the man looked up but not before I whipped around the corner to avoid his gaze. 

Was he breaking into my room? No, because it already has no lock...

I pulled a throwing dagger swiftly from my thigh strap and held it firmly in my palm. When I looked once more and his head was down and he was on his knees I took that as my chance to throw...and I did.
I watched it whirl down the hall and land no more than an inch away from his head...
He popped his head up and met my eyes in shock and wonder. 
I cupped my hand over my mouth and gasped trotting quickly down the hall.

"James! I'm sorry I thought you were...someone else." I said in surprise bending down near him. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and grinned. "It's fine. My fault for wearing all black, I look like a criminal," I let a little laugh pass and he looked surprised I had laughed. "Still though I should have been surer, "

"Nice, shot," He looked up and pulled off his black cap letting his long brown locks fall onto his shoulders. He placed his hand on my dagger and pried it out of the door with a firm pull. It left a small gash. 
I dismissed the compliment and fixed my eyes on the door. "Can you fix it before tonight?" I asked. "Maybe..." He said unsure of himself. "Do you know who did it?"I could detect a hint of guilt in his stare which leads me frown. "No, but whoever did it had no means to hide it," I scoffed looking inside the room. "Maybe they planted something? A camera?" He shrugged his shoulders. 

___
We ended up talking into the hours of the night while he fixed the lock and even afterward we talked. I had forgotten how much James and I had in common and how much I enjoyed talking to him. It was awkward at first. Small talk but after a little while, it turned into loud laughing and easy talk. 
"Thank you for fixing the lock," I smirked as he stood and smiled back at me. "No, problem." 
"And sorry for throwing a knife at you," I apologized again. "It's fine if it was going to hit me I would have caught it," He said jokingly. "Yeah, right," I said sarcastically shoving his shoulder. 

___
(James POV) 

Later in the early hours of the morning just barely becoming light I could not fall asleep so I decided to go and train. I groaned and slowly put on a t-shirt and camo shorts with a black cap. I placed my hands on the door and opened it slowly. 

When I arrived at the training room I noticed quickly that Natasha was there throwing daggers aggressively at the small targets that stood no chance. She tossed one down the long path and it hit straight in the middle piercing it mercilessly. The daggers edge pokes through the other side of the target. That could have been my head earlier...

I started to slowly back away even though I was enticed of how she trained.
"Scared of me, James?" She turned around and looked me in the eyes grinning. I froze suddenly, surprised that she was so sarcastic and open. 

"No, I just did not want to interrupt anything," She tossed the dagger to the side and started to walk towards me. "Train with me? I could use a partner of your strength?" She said but sounded unsure.

"Sure," I thought it harmless plus maybe I could get something out of her.

We walked over to the mats and stood across from each other. "So-" She threw a punch fast and I barely caught it in time before it collided with my face. "No talking." She said almost angrily. I smirked and took this to my advantage grasping her fist harder and flipping her over me. She landed skillfully on her feet and slid under me kicking out my legs.

 I lost my balance and almost fell over but I regained my balance at the last minute. 

"I guess I underestimated you," She stood back and smiled at me. "I learned from the best," Once it was said she cupped her hand over her mouth as if not meaning to say that. 

"Who taught you?" I used this chance to inch closer. "Forget I said that, James," I frowned at her and grasped her wrist before she could walk away. "Why do you call me James? I never told you my real name and no one calls me that anymore so why do you?" Her face changed into guilt and maybe fear. 

"Leave it be," She yanked at her wrist but I kept a firm hold. "Natasha, why won't you tell me anything? I know we have come across each other before. I dream of you and I know you dream of me," She froze, her eyes widened. "You were my teacher in the Red Room for many years," She said quickly avoiding my eyes shyly.

"So we met in the Red Room?" She nodded lightly. "We used to go on missions together as partners," I released her wrist and she started to rub it. "That's why I have frequent dreams about you," I whispered.
"You dream of our missions?" She asked. "Yes, a lot actually," She gulped and let her head fall.
"I should have told you sooner," She whispered. "That's all?" 
"Yes, nothing else to tell. You taught me for a little while and we went on a few missions. that is it." I frowned knowing she was lying. "Are you sure?" 

"I have to go, bye," She walked fast to the door and swung around the corner before I could protest. Why was so she adamant about keeping me in the dark?