Chapter 28: Pot Laughs and Concert Queues

Gerard and I spent a couple of hours at Mikey's house, talking to him about various things although it's was pretty hard to get his attention since he was really excited about the thought of being an uncle which still surprised me.

After a while we had to leave because I took one glance at the the time on my iPod and remembered I had a concert I needed to line up for and that if I didn't get back to the school in an hour or so then Iris could possibly kill me. She really wanted to see Pierce The Veil and it'd really suck to miss them and it'd really suck for me because as I've already said, Iris would kill me if we didn't see them.

I'd had to nudge Gerard a couple of times to get his attention but once I did we were in the car and after a drive were back at the school, sitting in the car with me trying to find the guts to get out because of how cold it was.

"Thanks for helping me find a place." I said, putting a hand in my jacket pocket as Gerard turned the car engine off and clicked the keys onto his belt.

"It's no problem, I want to make sure that you have somewhere to stay. What kind of person would I be if I didn't help you? I'd probably go to hell and I really care for you, I'd rather know you're safe and happy living with someone like Mikey instead of living with your brother and in another country where you don't want to be." I nodded and smiled, I didn't have anything to say, I was grateful but at the same time feeling awkward, things were so much easier when he was just being a jerk and flirting with me.

I didn't like him being nice, I didn't have to worry about all these weird feelings that confuse one and make me unable to tell whether I was just happy he was helping me out of if I was happy because I was being around him and having him actually care about me.

"Um, well thanks again. I should probably get back to my room now, Iris and I have that concert to get to." I leant over to his side of the car and gave him a brief kiss on the cheek before getting out and running across the chilly school grounds, feeling my cheeks burning bright red from the embarrassment that came with kissing him and it being something a little more than a heat of the moment thing.

Just as I expected her to be Iris was by her desk, half dressed for the concert and switching between putting on makeup in a hand compact and reading from a textbook. I'm not sure if the textbook was explaining how makeup was supposed to be applied or if she was studying for something else but she didn't seem to notice that I had come in.

"Where'd you get the makeup from?" I asked, pulling my jacket off and throwing it onto my bed, we didn't have long to catch the bus at the end of the road and I didn't have much time to get dressed because of how slowly Gerard liked to drive; I swear he's like an old man on the road at times.

Iris jumped slightly before turning around to look at me with an almost sickeningly innocent smile, "I borrowed yours, sorry. You don't mind do you?" She asked, I could hear the apologetic tone in her voice and knew I couldn't be angry at her since she had always been that one person who has the best intentions, plus she's the only friend I have here.

"Nah, go ahead. Where did you learn to put it on though?" I was curious since I couldn't ever remember seeing her wear makeup aside from putting moisturizer on her lips before she went to bed and I don't think that even counts.

"I had to watch some videos on the internet," Iris mumbled and under a layer of foundation I could see her face go red which was pretty funny, the whole makeup thing had come rather naturally to me and I'd never had to watch any kind of video, "what did you do earlier today?"

"I found a place for me to stay for once I leave this school. I'll be living with Gerard's brother, Mikey. He's really nice, I think you'd get along really well with him." Aside from how excited he got at my pregnancy Mikey seemed to be the more reserved type that Iris was and I could quite easily imagine them sitting down to have a conversation.