Chapter Two ~ The First Day of the Worst Days

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of parties, guess what I got invited to?" The newly Freshman, Caitlin Miller, asks with the biggest grin on her face.

Before her dad or brother could answer, she let's out a squeal, "The Kiss on the Lips party! One of the biggest parties on the Upper East Side!"

"How did you get invited to that? We live in Brooklyn." Gavin asks confused.

"Well, we still go to Constance, Gavin. But Makenna Kingsley saw my calligraphy and she said if I addressed all the invitations, I could have one myself." The 15-year-old blonde explains, "That's exactly what I did, so I can go on Saturday!"

She turns to her dad, "If dad lets me."

He chuckles, "Sure, Cait, just be safe and no drinking."

"How is it that you are in 9th grade and haven't even been to a class yet, but still are already more popular than me?" Gavin asks not looking for an answer.

"It's because I'm cooler than you." Caitlin jokes.

He shrugs in response.

"By the way, Gavin. I saw you reading Gossip Girl last night." She mocks.

"I was not reading Gossip Girl. That's for chicks." He retorts nervously.

Caitlin laughs, "Oh, so that wasn't your laptop open to it last night reading all about Lexi Van Der Waal?"

"Anyways..." Gavin nervously starts but before he could say anything their dad interrupts them, "You guys better go if you don't want to be late." Zane states looking at the time on his watch.

"Okay, bye! Love you." Caitlin says putting her bag over her shoulder and basically skipping out the door.

"I don't think anyone has ever been that happy for school before." Gavin says rolling his eyes and following her.

—————

In Brock West's limo, him and his best friend, Toby Price, are on their way to school in the only transportation they know.

"Lexi looked f**king hot last night. There's something wrong with that level of perfection. It needs to be... violated." Brock explains.

Toby scoffs, "You're deeply disturbed."

"And yet, you know I'm right." He replies laughing.

"No." Toby states.

"So I guess you're still pretending nothing happened between you two last sum-" Brock starts but Toby cuts him off, "I thought we agreed to not talk about that ever again. Besides, I have a girlfriend."

Brock rolls his eyes, "You and Kenna have been dating since Kindergarten, and you haven't slept together."

Brock's limo driver interrupts the conversation, "Mr. West, we're here."

"Thank you, Simon." He replies and starts to get out of the car with Toby following behind him.

Toby sees Lexi walking towards the steps to the school. 'This is my chance to talk to her before Makenna gets here.' He thinks.

"Um, I'll catch up with you later. I got to go wait for Makenna." Toby lies and Brock sees him staring at Lexi.

Toby walks straight towards her.

"Real subtle, Price." Brock mutters laughing under his breath.

—————

"Lexi!" Toby calls after Lexi.

She turns around and looks down not wanting to talk.

"Hey, Toby." She greets trying to smile, "What's up?"